Advice on wyoming unit

patross79

Looking to apply this year, I have 4 points and would pay extra for special draw if it opens up better opportunities. I've looked at various units, but it appears last year unit 66 was100 percent for 4 points w special draw option. Is this a pretty good unit?
To me I would be real **** happy w a solid chance at a 15".
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Starting buying points and try to get some doe tags to learn how to hunt then. When you do get a buck tag Look at a bunch before shooting one.

Starting buying points and try to get some doe tags to learn how to hunt then. When you do get a buck tag Look at a bunch before shooting one.

Excellent advice! PLus you'll get some fantastic meat!

if you wan to just hunt antelope, buy a point this year and pick up left over tags when they go on sale. There are antelope in most of the state. They are not hard to hunt unless you are looking for a trophy. We shoot doe and bucks and hunt them every year for 10 years now. I always enjoy that hunt. We hunt near Gillette, but the corridor from gillette to casper to rawlings to baggs is full of goats. We travel that route and they are on every piece of public property we have stopped to hunt along the way for coyote and prairie dogs. dont let a 15" stop you from trying, still fun shooting a 14 and a couple doe, and the backstraps are the best meat in the freezer