Advice on next rifle purchase

View attachment 297805Plus 1 on the Savage comments and staying away from them. 10 years ago or better I'd swear by them but their QC and CS has gone to crap. I have a brand new Savage right now with major issues and CS hasn't even responded to my emails and this is going on 3 weeks. I've been hung up on twice when trying to call them as well before even talking to someone and on hold for 40 plus minutes each time. These are pics of the machining they call acceptable, these marks are felt when cycling the bolt and the gun will not chamber a round! Tried multiple different types of factory ammo. If you do get one chambered and get to shoot it you can not lift the bolt to extract…. Hmnnn wonder what that is lol. Anyways I'd stay clear of them as others have stated!!
Borescope the barrel if you really want a giggle.

Borescope the barrel if you really want a giggle.
I don't even want to lol, however I have been meaning to update on my post. Another member mentioned calling their CS in the morning and I was finally able to get ahold of them. The response kind of blew my mind, I was told it sounds like an extractor issue and an injector issue for which they would send me parts for and I can make the repair myself lol!!! I don't even want to get started on this, only thing I am going to say is in my opinion that is unacceptable, brand new rifle should be taken back and thoroughly inspected for headspace, burrs etc and to tell a customer who you have no clue what kind of background they have to work on a firearm themselves is begging for a lawsuit! Again just my opinion. I believe it is the end of the road for me with any Savage

I don't even want to lol, however I have been meaning to update on my post. Another member mentioned calling their CS in the morning and I was finally able to get ahold of them. The response kind of blew my mind, I was told it sounds like an extractor issue and an injector issue for which they would send me parts for and I can make the repair myself lol!!! I don't even want to get started on this, only thing I am going to say is in my opinion that is unacceptable, brand new rifle should be taken back and thoroughly inspected for headspace, burrs etc and to tell a customer who you have no clue what kind of background they have to work on a firearm themselves is begging for a lawsuit! Again just my opinion. I believe it is the end of the road for me with any Savage
I'd send a "like" but somehow not appropriate. I wish we had a WOW! option.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your issues.

I'd be surprised if they refuse to RMA it if you ask for that specifically.

Thanks, though I've been bit by the lr bug long ago, was just replying to the op, didn't realize it was 7pagws already
This what I pack around
FBBB4C27-D274-4945-AE5C-9E48FC008744.jpeg

I am going to give my 2cents worth.. you can always load down magnums for shorter ranges. you can bring them up for longer ranges. I used to carry both for my Winchester Mag. deer under 400 yards got a 120 grain loaded midway, above 400 deer got 130 grain moderately juiced up most of the way. Elk got a 150-160 grain slug moderately loaded, over 400 yards Elk got the same 150-160, 1 grain below max as that was nearly the most accurate load in my rifle.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your issues.

I'd be surprised if they refuse to RMA it if you ask for that specifically.
Shipping label was emailed to me by the same rep. I didn't have to demand it, just told the guy I wasn't dealing with a brand new gun with issues like this and asked him to look at the machining marks in the receiver. He was not a bad guy at all just blew my mind they would even suggest sending parts to some random person. The guy definitely got an A for service other than that

I need some help with a decision on next rifle. I currently have 280 rem which i love but it's got a wood stock and I really just want something new but maybe a little larger caliber. Was thinking 7 mag or 300 win or wsm? I know the 7 mag and 280 rem are somewhat similar with the same bullet but really impressed on ballistics of the 7 mag. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Oh, this would be primarily deer but want to also be a good all around caliber for elk. Thx
For deer and elk the 280 is hard to beat. If you want a short action the 7 saum and 300 saum are hard to beat if you want a more compact rifle.

Recent Posts