Advice on Hawke scopes

Dennisr

Looked at a Hawke Endurance 30IR, 3-12x50. Looked good in the store. Had several other target shooter customers vouch for the Wolfe line. what have you seen, heard, or used that would justify purchase and hopefully satisfaction?

Evevtually I will get this right. Please excuse the mistakes to other posts. I am looking for info on the hawke scope, Endurance IR30. I will use this for hunting deer and elk, mounted on a 7mm rem mag. For the money does this compare with the vortex hs 4-16x50 about the same or forget it? Any help is appreciated. also with these bigger scopes with the fatter tailpiece i.e. magnification ring, do the scopes get in the way of the stock bolt action, or do you have to mount them higher for clearance?

Hi ,

I owned 2 of them
6.5x20x42 Half Mildot on 7mm rem Mag and I'm very pleased. Tracks perfect, good glasses for the money.
At 20x - you have Mildot reticle
at 10x - you have 2 Mildot reticle
at 18x - you have 2 MOA reticle(between every gradation - one hashline and 1 dot is 2 MOA) to match knobs.
64MOA elevation adjustment will be fine to reach 1400 yards with 20MOA rail

the other one is 4.5x14-42 halfmidot on 17Hmr. The power is on the lower side to use it at 1000yrds.

What i will do is get the 6.5-20x50 mildot for more light

Thanks for the info. Did you find that you have to go to higher mounts to get the scopes on the rifles? And with the fatter bell of scope back towards your eye, did the bigger diameter have any impact on working the bolt to eject shells?

Thanks for the info. Did you find that you have to go to higher mounts to get the scopes on the rifles? And with the fatter bell of scope back towards your eye, did the bigger diameter have any impact on working the bolt to eject shells?

I have leupold heavy tactical medium rings and they fit perfect.
The fatter bell of the scope (the one closer to the eye) will be ok on medium rings for 42 about the 50 i'm not sure.
I will post a picture today to show you the gap left.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts