Advice needed on shooting a 28 nosler a w/ 150 grain e tip

Baboltin

So I am going on a dall sheep hunt in 2022 and have been planning the hunt and am planning on taking my Christensen arms summit TI 28 nosler with me. I have 200 rounds of factory ammo ready for it to be broken in, sighted in and practice and get familiar with it over the course of the next 7-8 months. During a discussion with a friend about what load and rifle I'm going to shoot he thought I was stupid to be shooting nosler e-tip 150 grain copper bullets in Alaska on sheep and that they will get sent to fast out of a 28 nosler and be unstable, and suggested I use a heavier 160-180 grain lead bullet. This now has me concerned if I made a mistake with purchasing this ammo for this rifle, for this hunt. Maybe I'm just getting in my head about it because of the hunt and it being once in a lifetime for me but what do you guys suggest and what is your advice on this rifle, round and load? Should I use a lead bullet? Is a 150 grain bullet to lite of a grain bullet for a 28 nosler? My barrel is a 1-9 twist barrel. Does anyone have this same rifle, and shoot 150 grain? Does anyone shoot 150 grain out of there 28 nosler? What's your experience?

Umm. Ya with monos I'd rather spin harder. I'm shooting an 8 twist with 140 hammers chambered in 7-08ai. Those are going 3005fps. Over spinning is about the last thing I'd worry about. Do they group well and are they consistent velocity wise?

The mono's will work fine. I'm sure the guide is old school and ignorant on the subject of bullets and terminal performance. He probably has seen some bullet failures and just wanting to stick to something he knows has worked in the past.

Lot of bearing surface on those etips. I had issues with a 1:9 twist 280ai with etips…wouldn't group well at all. Ran some 140 ttsx and shot fine. I think the 150 etips are right on the line for stability out of a 9 twist.
Just shoot them and see how they do in your rifle.

Have you had a chance to shoot them yet? How do they group?

As long as you can hit that ram where you want to when the time comes, that's really all that matters. Please post up a report of your hunt when you get back and take lots of pics. Good luck!

Those 150's are going to be coming out fast lol
Biggest thing is if they shoot well and are consistent
Check the es with a chronograph

My vote is for 180 gr. If you can get them , and you have time before your hunt.
As fast as ammo sells these days you should be able to move your e- tips fairly quickly.
Like we all have read in lots of posts, your shot might not be standing broadside at 200 or 300 yds . Yes the 150's will work, but I go for 180's, because you asked .
Hope you shoot a nice one.
Thanks.

I have shot 140 ttsx and 160 accubonds out of my cooper in 28 Nosler. Also have a 1-9 twist. I can get both shooting under 1/2 MOA, but the 140s were a little more finicky and had to play around with the loads a bit more. I settled on a load that's just over 3300 fps