• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Advice Needed for Scope for a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor

rangerman

I have a friend who has just purchased a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor Hunter rifle for an upcoming sheep hunt in Alaska. He is needing a lightweight scope that will allow him to shoot out to 500 yards and has mentioned the 4-12x50 Swaro Z-3 would be one he is considering. He would like to stay with a 1" tube diameter. Anyone have any suggestions on a lightweight scope that would work well for him?
Thanks in advance.

If one inch get the best glass = pretty much swaro.
But check the specs to make sure has enough dial. Whats he plan on shooting? 130gr?

The California Wild Sheep Foundation has a Kimber raffle rifle equipped with a VX-6HD 3-18X44.
Seems like a nice combo. Plenty of dial in the 30mm tube, fairly light, good glass and lots if features.
The VX-5HD has same glass, a few less features and less cost.
http://cawsf.org/store.html#!/Raffle-package-options/p/59023365/category=0

I put a VX-5HD 3-15X44 on my Ridgeline. Happy so far.

Might not be the best suggestion. As I don't believe the scopes have the parllex adjustment. But when you advised that he wanted to be able to shoot out to 500 yds. The first scopes that came to mind where the vx6 in 2-12 power or the vx5 in the 2-10. Lite, lots of adjustment, decent glass?????

The 3-15X in VX-5HD and 3-18X in VX-6HD both have the side mounted parallax adjusment. The 2-10X or 2-12X do not have Parallax.

I have purchased both the 2-10X and the 3-15X in the VX-5HD. Nice scopes.

Might not be the best suggestion. As I don't believe the scopes have the parllex adjustment. But when you advised that he wanted to be able to shoot out to 500 yds. The first scopes that came to mind where the vx6 in 2-12 power or the vx5 in the 2-10. Lite, lots of adjustment, decent glass?????

I have a leupold 6hd 3-18x50 on my kimber mtn ascent 280ai and it is there to stay. Shot my mule deer at 658 this last year. Fantastic lightweight scope, with absolutely great glass and the turrets work well.