Advice choosing hunting reticle

Well after selling another one of my other scopes I was able to afford the increase to buy a Conquest V6 over the V4.
Bought a Conquest V6 3-18x50mm with the #94 ZMOZ-2 reticle.
It will be a little while until I can mount it and put it to use as hunting season is barely a month out and I'm not going to swap scopes this close to season.

I have 12 days of vacation coming so hopefully luck will shine on my sons and I and they will fill their buck tags and dad can spend some time behind his new scope.
There is a great range I can go to that lets me reach out to 700 yards so I will be spending quite a bit of time there.

Thanks to all for the great help and advice. I only hope one day when my level of knowledge and experience reaches a level that I can be the one helping out by giving instead of asking for advice.

Made my choice of scope now would like some experienced based advice on which of the two Zeiss reticle are best for a hunting application.
I will be shooting a Tikka T3 in 300wsm and hope to become competent out to 700 yards on deer and elk.
My gut instinct is pointing me towards the second one the #92 ZBR as it's reticle should allow me the ability to make shots in multiple different cross winds without having to adjust the scope for windage if I should so wish. The fact I will have to do a great deal of shooting (the REAL fun) to be come proficient in applying this scopes reticle go's without saying.

Great thanks,
Art, D/Jager.

First Zeiss # 94 Z-MOA 2 reticle
Second is the Zeiss #92 ZBR 2 reticle.
View attachment 220779
Using the second reticle is like the Leupold Boone and Crockett, which has been my personal choice last 20 yrs. Zero at 200 yds and usually each hash mark represents another 100yds + or - 10 ft. Make sure you set the variable on same power once you get sighted in. Good to 600 yds then. Lost count of animals killed with that system......

Made my choice of scope now would like some experienced based advice on which of the two Zeiss reticle are best for a hunting application.
I will be shooting a Tikka T3 in 300wsm and hope to become competent out to 700 yards on deer and elk.
My gut instinct is pointing me towards the second one the #92 ZBR as it's reticle should allow me the ability to make shots in multiple different cross winds without having to adjust the scope for windage if I should so wish. The fact I will have to do a great deal of shooting (the REAL fun) to be come proficient in applying this scopes reticle go's without saying.

Great thanks,
Art, D/Jager.

First Zeiss # 94 Z-MOA 2 reticle
Second is the Zeiss #92 ZBR 2 reticle.
View attachment 220779
I've got a V-6 in the #92 and a V-4 with the #94 reticule. The MOA changes with magnification. I just dial up elevation and don't mess the hash marks. Zeiss scopes track great. Red Hawk Rifles offer some pretty good deals on their demo optics

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts