Advice about a stock?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by boscodog, Jul 10, 2018.

1. boscodog

boscodog Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have any experience with a bell and Carlson tactical medalist style 6, adjustable cheek piece, tactical/competition?

I’m currently using an HS precision stock on a 338 edge. It has a Beavertail forearm with a palm swell grip. I’m wanting a vertical grip without the palm swell and with an adjustable cheek rest.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine has two of them. They are good for what they are. Adjustable stocks with the B&C/HS Precision feel to them. That rough stock texture. I shot it on his 6.5x47. It wasn't set up for me so not a fair assessment, I had to fight my position and couldn't relax. It still shot one hole though.

That said I prefer the Mcmillan feel myself, but for the money, they aren't bad. You could also look at Grayboe.

3. boscodog

Shane,
    That greyboe looks real fine! However I’m trying to keep the price down that is one of the reasons I’m looking at B/C stock.

Thank you,
    Tom

4. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Don't be afraid to look at used ones either I picked up a Mcmillan A2 that I put a $40 cheekpiece on and voila it's adjustable. Bedded to my action and done. Cost me about $350 all said and done.

5. boscodog

I wouldn’t mind at all getting a used McMillan Or any other quality stock that would fit my needs, just hoping to get a check rest with the vertical grip

6. Crews

Crews Well-Known Member

Don't forget to check out Greyboe stocks. Made my McMillan, great feature sets, great prices. I'd get one of those before a B&C any day of the week.