Advantage of SilencerCo over Thunderbeast?

TBuckus

trying to decide if a SICo's can is better than an Ultra 7. Looking at the tech data the Ultra seems to be the better suppressor.

I'm not writing this to bash SiCo. I'm trying to justify buying another can since I have access to a discount with them.
I currently have a Ultra 7, which is lighter than all their 30 cal cans. Although SiCo says the Omega is the lightest on the market.
I already have a Hybrid, so I'm covered for over 30 cal.
their new rim fire can looks like a winner.

TBAC is worth the price premium, particularly as these are pretty much lifetime purchases. After the SiCo BOGO fiasco with their horrible customer service & communication I ended up selling my free cans (that took over a year to even get from them) and won't buy another of their products. Go with Dead Air or TBAC, much better support and products

SiCo makes a user-serviceable suppressor, and there is no way I would ever buy another can that is not user-serviceable. I particularly like the Banish 30 because it is user-serviceable and can be run in either 7" or 9" mode, requiring only about a minute to switch from one to the other.

Being user-serviceable is not just important for cleaning. If you get a bit carried away with your rate of fire and toast the first baffle in your TBAC or other welded can you are looking at a major repair to fix it. If you do that with a user-serviceable can you just buy a new baffle -- not a big deal. Same thing if you ever accidentally shoot with your suppressor on loose and get a baffle-strike. The reality is, you ruin your back baffle in your TBAC and you're going to be stuck with it forever, because the repair cost will be prohibitive.

Then there is the accuracy issue. Banish says their no-weld cans are more accurate than any welded can because the welds disrupt the gas movement, the way even near-microscopic defects in your crown can play havoc with your accuracy (which I have discovered the hard way several times). I don't know if that is true or not but I do know I have never seen another rifle/can setup that will shoot as accurately as my Rem. 700 .204 with my Banish 223 can on it. The rifle unsuppressed consistently shoots right at half-minute, but adding the can drops that down to below .3. I want to see one of those "best in the world" TBAC's do that! 😍 And I don't mean just occasionally shooting a quarter-moa group, either. I mean doing it real often.

If I don't clean for several hundred rounds, when I do take my can apart I have chunks of carbon fall out. I have to think having crap like that rattling around in your can affects accuracy, too. I can take one of my Banish cans off, disassemble and clean the baffles, put it back to together and back onto the rifle, and I get no perceptible change in POI.

I have never had a warranty issue with Silencer Central, the folks who sell the Banish line, but I have sure been happy with the way they have handled my orders. The last one took 5 months from the time I called and placed the order until I had the thing in my hand. Their warranty looks to be the best in the industry.

Sorry if I sound like an ad for Banish, but I get tired of all the claims that "TBAC is the best there is." They aren't.

As noted these are life-time investments (generational, actually) so a couple hundred dollars this way or that is not terribly important to me. What is important is superb accuracy. Here is my Banish 223 at work on p-dogs:

Last edited:
wow, KY_Windage, you never miss any chance to plug the Banish cans even though no one asked about them. You do sound like an as for Banish. You keep trying to bring them in to conversations even when they are way off topic from the conversation. And despite you having been provided with extensive explanation of why TBAC is better, you just repeat your individual observations instead of understanding all factors involved in suppressor design & usage. I won't engage with you on discussing Banish's merits & shortcomings since you have previously shown you only believe your thoughts and won't even listed to established science & physics. So I know that's a waste of time. But I really wonder much Banish pays you for the constant marketing push even when it's off topic.

TBAC is the best there is available today for a precision rifle can. PERIOD. This has been proven and they have an extensive track record. Banish does not have either. That you don't accept that yourself for some reason do not mean that it is not true. But please don't mislead others with bad or misleading information or just your personal singular claimed experience without grounding in science or backed up by true extensive data.

I am quite sure that a whole bunch of people reading here want to know which suppressor experienced users think is best, and why. The only "science" I am interested in is what I see on the target paper. The Banish line (fka "Varminter") has a 15-year "track record." They are manufactured by a top gunsmithing machine shop in Sturgis, SD. I have never even heard of someone having a problem with a Banish/Varminter.

But it isn't hard to make a can that won't blow up. What is hard is to make one that will be super-accurate. Here is what I see with my .204 -- four 5-shot groups shot back to back at 100 yards that average .284". I'd just like to see at least one example of TBAC or any other welded suppressor shooting like this to back up the claims that they are "the best for a precision rifle." And I don't mean dig up one fluke group you shot 4 years ago and can't repeat -- my Banish shoots like this every time I take it out.

This side-by-side comparison is typical of what I see every time I shoot that rifle -- it is a solid .5 MoA printer unsuppressed, but tightens down into "makes your socks roll up and down" good when I put my Banish 223 on. Unsuppressed group on the left is 5 shots, while the suppressed group on the right is 3, but you get the point.

I am still doing load-development for the 7mm rifle I am shooting my Banish 30 on most of the time, but it is looking to be great, too. Five shots at 100 yds:

As best I can tell, you don't have any science, you have a thousand parrots spouting BS. Damaged first baffles are a fairly common problem. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that a can with easily replaced baffles is going to be much cheaper to repair than one with welded baffles in a can that has to be cut apart.

I suspect the lack of welds in the SilencerCo user-servicable also makes it very accurate, but I cannot say that because I have not seen one shot.

Last edited:
Again, not going to waste time pointing out all the flaws and inaccuracies in your statements. Forum readers should be aware of your views and that they are significant biased and that you're unwilling to accept facts counter to your arguments. I won't engage to provide any as you've proven you don't listen to anything contrary to your thoughts. Just because you don't understand the value of science or a design different form your vaulted brand does not mean there isn't value in them.

You are doing people a disservice my misleading them and I want to ensure they do due diligence and don't end up with something similar to another Crux suppressor sitatuation.

I like my omega but I would only say better for if you also want to slap it on ARs and do mag dumps and stuff

Well, I appreciate the input from the guys that stayed on topic.
Like I said, I already have a TBAC and like it.
I may get SiCo's rimfire can but will pass on the other ones. One of my beefs about cans is the weight. I just like a lighter can if I can get it.

Me too. My 223 can weighs 9 oz. My 30-cal weighs 9 oz. or 13 oz, depending on whether I am running it as a 7" or a 9". And because I can clean them they never gain weight the way sealed cans do.

I like my old YHM that was quite heavy when it was new and has gained about 8 oz. over years, but I'm not going to buy another one.

Again, not going to waste time pointing out all the flaws and inaccuracies in your statements.

There are no flaws or inaccuracies in targets. My 7mm load development is coming along well. Another 5-shot group at 100:

Forum readers should be aware of your views and that they are significant biased and that you're unwilling to accept facts counter to your arguments.

Facts, I am happy to accept. It is baseless claims about Brand X and baseless disparagement of Brand Y that I have a problem with. But yes, I am "biased" -- toward anything that gives me supreme accuracy. If you think TBAC or any other can is more accurate, prove it with targets. If there is something better out there I will give my Banish cans to my son (also on my trust) and I will buy the better ones. Do you have a very accurate rifle? Post a target showing groups shot without and with your TBAC. Let's see how it tightens up the groups. Post four 5-shot groups shot back to back that average as good as .284". I would love to not have to do all that cleaning -- just shoot and shoot, and dial up a click every now and then to compensate for the several ounces of weight gain. 🥳

You are doing people a disservice my misleading them and I want to ensure they do due diligence and don't end up with something similar to another Crux suppressor sitatuation.

Utter BS. There are posts about cracked Cruz cans all over the Internet, and they were in business only a few years. The Banish/Varminter has been made for 15 years. Show me one post anywhere saying a Banish cracked or failed in any way. I've been reading the forums for years and I've never seen one.

Last edited:
Well, I appreciate the input from the guys that stayed on topic.
Like I said, I already have a TBAC and like it.
I may get SiCo's rimfire can but will pass on the other ones. One of my beefs about cans is the weight. I just like a lighter can if I can get it.
I'm waiting on my first silencer now I'm going to try advanced armament corporations aviator two for my 22 rimfire very small and light it is also user serviceable it is my first can so I really have no opinion on any others

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.