Adobe Lodge - Texas

Varmint Hunter

My buddy is interested in a Texas whitetail hunt where a decent trophy can be taken without going broke in the process. He is currently looking at the Adobe Lodge in San Angelo. A 4 day hunt runs $3,500. There appears to be a good concentration of mature bucks in and around the lodge.

Does anyone have any experience with this lodge? Any recommendations for another Texas whitetail hunting lodge?

slim09

I cant vouch for that particular ranch but i can vouch for that area of Texas. My families ranch is in San Angelo Texas, granted we are high fence, but for the first 10 years we had the property we had low fences and still killed nice deer. There is an abundance of 150+ deer in that area of Texas it all just depends on how that ranch is managed. Being that they sell hunts i would imagine that they have a good game management plan and you would have a great opportunity to take a trophy buck.

My grandfather has a ranch in Branham Texas that is game fenced and sells hunts i believe i could probably get him a $3,500 cull hunt. His culls are in the 130 - 150" range. With much bigger available up to around 190".

Mike6158

I can't tell when this was posted but- I hunted the Mustang Ranch area of Adobe Lodge last year and I will hunt it again this year in a about a week. The first hunt, for me, was an evening hunt. I got there a day late because of work. The first evening I saw a very nice buck but passed thinking there would be bigger game. I finally took a nice buck on the next to last day and I saw a monster on the last day :D Seems like that's how it always works.

They took some nice deer at Adobe Lodge last year. I'm looking forward to going back this year.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce