Adjusting cast

birddog 68

Last year I purchased a Winchester SX4 w/synthetic stock. I like the gun but I'm hitting left on all shots. I did a pattern test at 15 yards and hitting about 8 inches left. I'm right handed. This gun surprisingly didn't come with a shim kit and there isn't any aftermarket available (that I can find). Is this something that I or my gunsmith can fix or should I just take a loss and sell it? I've got a few other shotguns other than Winchester and have never had this problem. Thanks for any ideas

Short answer is yes it can be fixed, heat and bend or shave the mating surface of the stock to reciever to move it left or right at the recoil pad. Either way, I would pick up a spare stock to work on.....

A better option though might be finding an adjustable recoil pad that can be fit to that stock. I had the same issue with an 870 years ago and I installed a Morgan adjustable pad, it made a world of difference.

After talking with my GS it sounds like a adjustable pad is probably the best option. I will take the gun and full choke and pattern at 16 yards. He said the stock needs cast adjusted 1/16 inch for every inch pattern is L or R.