Adjustable stock

J E Custom

I ran across another new stock and thought I would post the video on it.

It is for shot guns, but hopefully will eventually be adapted or reproduced for rifle stocks.

This stock has the most adjustments I have ever seen.

J E CUSTOM

Up date. I saw one of these stocks and talked to the owner. He is a sporting clay's competitor and said that it realy up his scores.

As we all know the fit of a stock has a big impact on how well we shoot, especially running or pass shooting as it is called in the shotgun world.

The stock must have a natural feel and every time you shoulder it, It should be in the same position. You can check the stock fit by shouldering it with your eyes closed and then opening them to see if it is pointed in the same direction every time. If it is , but not in the right location, try to figure out what adjustment is needed to correct the natural point of aim.

This is important in rifles, shotguns and even pistols to make the most out of your accuracy potential. Some pistols have a natural point and others don't, for a carry pistol this can be the difference in life or death. How many times have we seen a policeman empty a mag and never hit the assailant. these guys a normally good shots at targets, but in the heated exchange when natural instincts should take over, they have a poor pointing weapon that doesn't fit THEM.

For rifles especially the ones we call long range rifles where a tight hold is paramount the stock must fit. Things like length of pull, cheek well height, offset, cast and hand position are all very important. so don't pick a stock that Is the latest craze, pick one that fits you best.

We are all built a little different and therefore have different needs.
In many cases, an adjustable stock is the only way to get the best fit. for looks, get one you like. For accuracy, get one that fits.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.