Adjustable Scope Bases

375rifleman

I was just inquiring about adjustable scope bases the ones that I've found to be the most popular/searched are the Heritage Arms Cold Shot, the Ivey 150, and the variable Gantry mount. I was thinking about extending the range of subsonic cartridges such as the/a subsonic 50 Alaskan. Are any of these mounts effective/useful/practical? Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts, opinions, or answers.

Regards,
375rifleman

Last edited:
How far ya talking? I had a 20moa rail, Burrus Sig Z rings with 20moa inserts, and a 6x SS scope that's rating @ 140moa worth of adjustments & 40moa of reticle. This gave it the capability to go way out there.

I was wanting to go to at least 600yrds if possible, would really like to be able to stretch it out more. However subsonic cartridges like the 50 Alaskan would a lot of scope elevation adjustment range especially with a 100yrd zero since they aren't exactly flat shooting cartridges.

Regards,
375rifleman

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.