Adj. Butt Plate ???

K-HILL

Just getting into this type of shooting. Have mounted and leveled my scope but having a tough time shouldering the rifle and having good contact in the shoulder pocket and keeping the reticle level. Would a adj. butt plate like shotgun shooters use be a reasonable
idea for a fix?
Thanks

Just getting into this type of shooting. Have mounted and leveled my scope but having a tough time shouldering the rifle and having good contact in the shoulder pocket and keeping the reticle level. Would a adj. butt plate like shotgun shooters use be a reasonable
idea for a fix?
Thanks

An adjustable Butt plate is always an asset if shooting different positions or in a case where the stock doesn't fit well.

Canting the rifle is a common problem and the adjustable but plate can be one of the solutions.

You may have to cut a little off the butt stock to get the full range of adjustments but it is a nice addition and you will never regret installing one.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for your reply. It made sense to me but had never seen one on a rifle or even anyone speak of such a thing

Thanks for your reply. It made sense to me but had never seen one on a rifle or even anyone speak of such a thing

In Position shooting,(Standing, siting and prone) it is almost a necessity because of the length of pull requirements for each position. I set my length of pull at 13.5" for standing and 14" for siting
and then extend to 15.5 for prone to keep the site/scope away from my eye.
I also cock the but plate to fit my shoulder and keep the canting down.

If you have High sites/scopes an adjustable cheek piece will also make a huge difference in your accuracy because it positions your shooting eye in the same place every time.

J E CUSTOM

I don't have high sites/scope but I have found a stick on comb which turns a rifle stock into a level cheek position and it just happens to be the right height.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.