ADI vs ACI

SofaKing

What's the difference between the Nightforce Angle Degree Indicator and Angle Cosine Indicator? Would either of these be beneficial to a newbie learning to shoot long range? Is one easier to use? Is the nightforce model only to be used with their software/scopes?
Thanksgun)

They are very useful. It really just depends on which value your ballistic app uses. I use the degree version. So pick an app and see which value you need and then get the corresponding aci/adi

Try the search in the upper right corner.The one reads in angle and other in cosign. Depends on what you prefer,or how you like to input info in calcs. I use cosign,maybe more old school or the fact that I can figure easy in field,basically a percentage of yardage. But a cosign indacator also reads every 5 degrees also on areas marked on gauge so you can use either way if you keep that in mind.For example input 500 yard with 45 degree angle = the same 500 X .7 cos for 350 solution is a simplified example,they both do same thing

Try the search in the upper right corner.The one reads in angle and other in cosign. Depends on what you prefer,or how you like to input info in calcs. I use cosign,maybe more old school or the fact that I can figure easy in field,basically a percentage of yardage. But a cosign indacator also reads every 5 degrees also on areas marked on gauge so you can use either way if you keep that in mind.For example input 500 yard with 45 degree angle = the same 500 X .7 cos for 350 solution is a simplified example,they both do same thing

Okay thanks for clarifying.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.