Adg vrs Peterson vrs nosler

Have run the Nosler for years because that is all that I could find. Just got some ADG for my 30 Nosler and will be trying it out at the range this week.

Attachments

• D6DC0898-16CF-40A5-9057-5DE71DAD4FBF.jpeg
    D6DC0898-16CF-40A5-9057-5DE71DAD4FBF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 162
I run ADG in my 30 Nosler. It is great brass, very consistent in weight and primer pockets stay tight. I used Nosler before, it was soft and primer pockets loosened up quickly. Never tried Peterson. ADG is my vote.

I also run ADG in my 28 Nosler and it's my favourite! I have run Bertram as well but it needs lots of work to get accurate loads (neck turning etc) necks can vary 3-4 thousand but it's definitely meaty brass! Haven't tried Peterson yet and Nosler brass in the 28 hasn't been ideal with ejector marks and loose primers. Just my $0.02

I recently acquired 25.06 ai. So I was looking around for 270 brass,for fireforming, and opted for Nosler brass. I've owned and shot it in other rifles, and good longevity with it. Well, this stuff I just purchased is alittle less, (spelled alot less), then expected. If I didnt know, or hope better, I'd swear I just bought Hornady brass, headstamped Nosler. My partner in crime did the same, and has the same issue. Necks are very soft, pockets are inconsistent, and the brass just feels cheap. I've heard good things about the Peterson brass, and I"m just about pretty sure I'll be ordering some sooner then later. As a Comparison, I have some Sako 30.06 that was given to me, which I think is manufactured by Norma. The Sako brass weighs nearly 16 grains more the the Nosler. They must be using different vendors nowadays! Just my .2 cents!
Be safe all!

On my new Peterson brass the neck walls were .016 avg. Neck turning is required on my chamber. All cleaned up at .013 wall about 100%. By comparison Nosler brass would be 25 to 75% cleanup. So, the consistency with Peterson was much better.
After fire forming, will check water volume of Peterson and Nosler.

Using Peterson brass for my 280AI. I have been using Nosler, but the last ime I purchased 2 boxes, they were different weights by 10 grains per box with 2 different type of HS. I took one box back and kept the other one as it matched my older lots. I then found out peterson was producing 280AI brass and ordered 100. After trying them I will be selling all my Nosler brass.

I posted the Peterson brass data up recently in another thread but you can find pretty much everything you want to know about their brass in it. Their 300WM Long version is pretty much identical to ADG and Peterson has .3 gr more H2O. I've loaded up some test loads but bow season is going so have to wait for crummy bow day to shoot! 😆
How many brass manufacturers post up this amount of data on their brass in one place?

FWIW: 28 Nosler:
ADG = 262.5 gr weight and 101.5 gr H2O
Peterson = 279.8 gr weight and 99.3 gr H2O
LINK: Peterson Brass Data

Attachments

• Peterson Cartridge Ballistician Testing Data - Sheet1.pdf
    173.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.