ADG temporarily suspending manufacturing of certain brass???

Lethal_Chica

I received this email a few days from Creedmoor sports. Anyone else get a similar email?

1611491320651.png

ADG's website shows no indication of this, only that it is unavailable and you can join an email waitlist. I suspect they are overwhelmed by demand and/or received a large contract with other commercial manufacturers that is simply more lucrative than the small outlet shipping they would otherwise do. Every ammo manufacturer is looking to source more components due to demand. It's simple business choices.

Thanks for this update. ADG makes/made some really nice brass Son and I are good for 6creedmoor and 7 SAUM from them.

This brings forth need for us to respect our brass to prolong it's life by annealing and not pushing our loads to max every time we shoot.

Good thing is we can all learn to make some brass from other similar cartdridges. Yes that evolves some learning and work on our part.

I have started making some 6mm HLS brass from 243 Win out of necessity
Which in turn gives me confidence knowing I can make others if the needs arises.

I appreciate this forum's sharing of it's vast knowledge and others helping each other by selling and trading of components if they have extra.

Makes sense to me. Why use material and tie up your equipment making .80 a piece brass when there is massive demand for 1.80 a piece brass right now. They could probably do nothing but run the PRC's and the occasional run of SAUM's and still not fill all the back orders.

Lapua makes all those cartridges anyway.

I have a back order with Creedmoor but haven't received this email. However, I did receive a shipment of .308 and 6mm Creedmoor ADG brass from different vendors in the past week. Guess I need to baby it.

Hornady quit making lots of brass too . They quit making 405 win brass so I am stuck trying to make it from other stuff .