ADG brass

Kozump

I was thinking about purchasing some adg brass and I see in their description, they say that their brass has a different capacity than other brass manufacturers because it is thicker, and the advise to change your charge amount by 10 percent. Has anyone had experience with this ? Has it effected your velocities? Pressure ?

I use ADG for 6 Creedmoor reloads. In my experience, you do need to back off your established charge and work back up due to the thicker case and smaller volume. After working back up you will be able to achieve the same velocity, likely using a lower charge. You may also be able to exceed your initial velocity, as the tougher ADG cases handle pressure better.

For example, my 6CM load reaches what Hodgdon data for H4350 says is max-load velocity while my actual charge is closer to the recommended minimum charge.

I was thinking about purchasing some adg brass and I see in their description, they say that their brass has a different capacity than other brass manufacturers because it is thicker, and the advise to change your charge amount by 10 percent. Has anyone had experience with this ? Has it effected your velocities? Pressure ?

Actually, the rule of thumb for safety is to always reduce your charge when changing components.

In this instance though, it's quite mandatory due to the reduced volume of ADG cases.

Always err on the side of safety then work your way up, watching for signs of pressure or velocity excursions.

Adg is solid brass and with less case capacity you need to reduce loads. Same for lapua or Peterson brass. Depending on cartridge I'd strongly recommend looking at Peterson. They've been the absolute best in the cartridges I've tried them. I got a box of 338 Norma from them recently and when checking OAL i measured about 20 of them randomly selecting from the box and they all measured exactly the same down to .0005. If Peterson makes it and I need it that's the brand I'll be using.

I've got probably 400 unfired 7 Saum cases from ADG but just would like to see Saum made by Peterson! And it would be cool to not have to neck em up

This is pretty common with all brass mfg's. Peterson as well makes similar statements.

Adding no real value to this string...I just received a batch of ADG in 7mm Mag and a batch of Lapua in 243. Have prepped and primed 20 of each and the plan is to lower my best velocity/accuracy loads for each by 10% and load 5 rounds for each increment step up (-10%; -8%; -6% and -4%). If the experts on this site are correct about less capacity, I should start approaching my old velocity/accuracy with one of these increments. Then just fine tune.
I accomplish two things, fire forming and load development.
Hoping the weather cooperates this Friday. Will post again after results.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.