ADG brass??

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Quick question.
Is anyone forming one type of cartridge case into another using ADG brass?

I am about to receive some in 300WM and would like to form several 100 into 264WM.
Is the step down too much do you think?
I know that ADG is thicker than most.

What say you?

Cheers.

You'll most likely run into issues for your neck clearance to neck diameter of chamber.

Yeah, the 264 Win Mag was out before the 7mm Rem Mag, so you could say the 7 mag is based off the 264 Win mag...
Not to put too fine a point on it but Lance is essentially correct, both cartridges are based off the same case dimensions, the difference being caliber.

OP, I think the 7 Mag offering from ADG may be a better choice, if that's what you want to do.

Thanks for the replies.
Looked at the 7RM, but just can't get over that head stamp.
Would be sacrilege to chamber brass with that designation in a 264WM.

Any who, the neck thickness isn't a problem, I can turn them down, was more concerned with the shoulder being so thick it might pose a sizing issue.

I may just have to buy Winchester once fired from blue/white bag fodder.

The 7mmRM was a Les Bowman wildcat based on the 338WM necked down, and yes, both the 264WM and 338WM share the same case dimensions.
He brought the idea to Winchester, who rejected it, Remington were convinced it would work and took it on. Needless to say, it was a winner.

Cheers.

MagnumManiac,

Just have to ask. What is the issue with a 7 Rem mag headstamp? If you use 300 win mag brass you have that headstamp. Seems to me the 7 Rem mag is a better choice to neck down to .264 as shoulder is in correct place.

Check with sleepinggiantbrass.com
Heck of a nice guy to deal with.
I buy all my once fired from him and he's very reasonable.
Probably got over 400 264 win mag from and may have culled 10.

Mine was not adj. While I'm sure it's great stuff but I have gotten excellent accuracy out of my 264s with Winchester and old Herters, like 5 shots behind a nickel groups @100. I'm very particular with how I load though. Fl size everything and beam measure every charge and mic every round. Nothing gets used over .005 off except for zeroing and most are within .002. Nothing really hot though

Hi all,
Quick question.
Is anyone forming one type of cartridge case into another using ADG brass?

I am about to receive some in 300WM and would like to form several 100 into 264WM.
Is the step down too much do you think?
I know that ADG is thicker than most.

What say you?

Cheers.
Absolutely. I make my 7mmRM cases from Winchester 300WM cases. The reason I do this is because virgin 7mmRM brass is from 17 to 21 thousandths shorter than my chamber and by forming it from 300 brass I can make it fit from the first shot. You have to push the shoulder back, trim to length, then turn the necks to proper thickness. I don't own a 300 so no chance of getting brass mixed up. Be sure to use plenty of case lube. I lost 2 cases out of 100 because of collapsed shoulders. Be sure to remove the expander ball from the die before forming.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts