Adg brass worries? .300 win

Backcountry_IDN

Looking at ordering some brass from them. Just about to start loading for my winny.

Curious, does it worry anybody that you'll have a smaller case capacity since they are thicker? I just dont want to be stumped some on velocity.

Curious on opinions and personal experiences with how this brass has differed from others on terms of velo. Ive heard great things on consistencies, dont get me wrong.

Can't compare much to others, but my setup with ADG brass is getting me 2930fps with berger 215's and h1000 in a 24" barrel so velocity is not lacking! Brass takes a punch well and am on my 3rd firing no issues.
Good to hear! I'll be running out of a 27in pipe. Are you compressed at all?

I'll be using retumbo, well I'll see if she likes retumbo. Ive had good luck with the eldx so might try 212s and 215 bergers

I wouldn't have any worries about the ADG brass. I run it in my win mag and am on firing number 7. I think your problem will be retumbo. You'll likely be pretty compressed trying to get enough in there for velocity. H1000 usually is right at 100% case fill depending on seating depth.

Gord0 is right. My 215 load is seated long and just above the powder and my 210 berger load to fit in a mag (tikkas run shorter magazines) is compressed but still getting 2950fps.

I can put the same load in the ADG brass that I have put in my WW for years and it shoots awesome with less signs of pressure. You can't go wrong with the ADG.. I just ordered another 200 rounds because it is back in stock.. I don't shoot my Win brass anymore..

I have a Bartlein 5R 1-10 barrel just a bit over 27"

Through extensive shooting and testing with this barrel,

I shoot 74.8 gr. of H1000-Berger 215hybrid

ADG brass

2993fps.

Load is quite reduced from what others are seeing with similar loads.

This barrel gained around 80fps after 150 rounds and a thorough cleaning with boretech

accuracy is great.

Think yesterday I saw a post from ADG that they just finished a run of 300 win brass.... You won't be disappointed in its quality.... Dave

I have a Bartlein 5R 1-10 barrel just a bit over 27"

Through extensive shooting and testing with this barrel,

I shoot 74.8 gr. of H1000-Berger 215hybrid

ADG brass

2993fps.

Load is quite reduced from what others are seeing with similar loads.

This barrel gained around 80fps after 150 rounds and a thorough cleaning with boretech

accuracy is great.

Funny you mention that. I am shooting 75gr h1000 in a benchmark 24" with 215's and am getting 2930fps. My barrel sped up 125fps after 100rds or so. Cool to see similarities between setups.

Bright finish or annealed is purely personal preference on looks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.