Adding turrets to a scop

TheHardWay

I have a Leupold scope that I am wanting to add target turrets to. I am aware that a person can send their scope to the Custom Shop and have this done, but I was wondering if there are any other companies out there that offer this service?

There are a few, but what is the scope worth ? I added a custom elevation turret to 2 Nikon Monarch scopes and when all was said and done it added more than 30% to the cost of the scopes. If I had sold 1 scope and added to that what I spent on 2 turrets, I could have bought a brand new Vortex Viper scope of the same objective size and magnification and it would probably have been optically superior and had a substantially better reticle. And it would have come with target turrets.

Kenton Industries is the name one hears the most for non OE turrets.

http://kentonindustries.com/

If you are determined to go through with this, it is probably a good idea to ship them the scope, since Leupold has made a lot of scopes for a very long time, and with the scope in hand there will be no mistakes.

The scope is a VX3 4.5-14x50LR. Looking at the Custom Shop's website, it looks like I would be looking at around $100-$120 for turrets, either target or M1 style.

The scope currently has the B&C reticle in it. I might get that changed out too, as I am not a big fan on it, but I haven't decided yet. I realize the B&C reticle is good for getting your shots close at different yardages, but I'm kind of picky when it comes to long shots, and like to be able to dial the shot in exactly.

Does Premier Reticles still do custom reticles? I Googled them, and the website that comes up shows Premeir Scopes, and no mention of custom work.

Any alteration by other than Leupold, will void the lifetime warranty.

just got 2 leupolds back from factory, had target dials put on 'em. 120.00/each scope. AND (the great part) Leupold did a total recon on the scopes under warranty. not a bad deal, I bought the scopes (vxiii 6.5x20x40 ao) for 175.00 each cause they had "nicks in glass and ring marks" now, for $295.00 each, have great new scopes with target dials.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.