Adding a shoulder?

Andrew Cowling

what picture? The adco link I posted? Im sending my smith the hellfire mount well before the work starts so he can take measurements and check it all out and go from there. Worst case scenario I have it threaded and a brake matched to it or just have it shipped back as is. Then buy a new gun that will work
Yes the link.

Tgunz64

Yes the link.
I thought that looked pretty sharp. Is it the best method? I don’t know. But I’m sure it’ll do it’s job. Had I seen that before sending my gun in I probably would have shipped it to adco. I might snap a photo of that or try and get the link sent to my gunsmith.

Last edited:

Andrew Cowling

I thought that looked pretty sharp. Is it the best method? I don’t know. But I’m sure it’ll do it’s job. Had I seen that before sending my gun in I probably would have shipped it to adco. I might snap a photo of that or try and get the link sent to my gunsmith.
It is a fairly simple and easy job to do providing there is enough steel to cut a good thread.

DavidleeCole

Yes he also mentioned red loctite. Because of the small shoulder and guarantees it’ll stay put. He’s done other barrels with small shoulders and had no issues I guess. So we’ll see. Again he said he’ll get it to work one way or another. This place comes highly recommended by the gun shops near me. And with 8 gunsmiths on hand I’m sure they can figure it out. Again it’s my favorite gun and never having gunsmithing done before it’s still a little nerve racking. I have more confidence in him after talking with him again on Monday. So we’ll just see what happens. They are backed up so it might be 3 weeks until he gets to it.
You will be ok and be happy when you get your rifel

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce