Action screw Diameter and thread pitch for a Remington 700 action screws?

squeeeeze

I need to make another pair of action screws for bedding stocks. Anyone know what diameter and threads are for a Remington 700?

I had made a pair previously, but a friend was kind enough to borrow my bedding kit then lose them as hasn't found nor replaced them. I need to bed a couple stocks but not able to get to the hardware store for at least week (I'm stuck home), so I can't bring them into Ace with me. A family member can run by Ace for me and drop them off but I need the diameter and thread pitch.

1/4-28. You probably won't find them at a hardware store. Need to get them from Brownells or MidwayUSA.
Got them at Ace last time. A Phillips head, flat, hex head, or whatever will work just fine since I will be cutting them off anyways so it's just a bolt without head.

Thank you for the diameter and thread though, now I know what to have picked up.

This is basically what I'm after.

Last edited:
Perfect!

Thank you again for the size, I was able to get them brought to me today and use for the guides.

Searching around I found threads that talk about replacement action screws but couldn't find sizes. Now I have some ideas for a Winchester and Sako that have flat action screws I need to replace with Hex or Torx. Things strip too danged easy and hard to keep in slot while torquing to spec.
5FABFDF3-939E-4DB3-B21E-44E705B8EA7D.jpeg
A49ECA53-55FB-423E-BB6D-7D12C49D0020.jpeg
A67BC834-E8F1-4BA8-99BB-12360D90445B.jpeg

9F14D957-5FEE-4533-AE9C-2A57D1419429.jpeg

I found some at a local nut & bolt supply. Hex head stainless. Have to cut them to length, but very reasonably priced and much better than the slotted factory.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts