Action life

birddog67

How many time can you re barrel a action like a stiller , defiance , bighorn , ect.

I have the chance to buy a 6.5 Creedmore on a deviant action , that has 2500 rounds on it ,it's on it's second barrel with 600 rounds down the tube .

So what's the expect life on a custom action ?

Thanks

How many time can you re barrel a action like a stiller , defiance , bighorn , ect.

I have the chance to buy a 6.5 Creedmore on a deviant action , that has 2500 rounds on it ,it's on it's second barrel with 600 rounds down the tube .

So what's the expect life on a custom action ?

Thanks

Actions will normally last a life time if taken care of. I have a 40x Remington in 308 that has over 22,000 rounds through it
and with the iron sites, it will still shoot 1/2 MOA if I do my part. (It has been well taken care of).

As long as they are kept clean and serviced you should be able to replace the barrel many times.

Custom actions are no different than the factory actions or even the very old military actions, at some point head space will open up and the bolt may have more slack that when new but if the smith trues it up when re-barreling and head spaces it correctly it will be just as accurate as before
(Sometimes better).

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.