Action identification?

bowhunthard88

Can anyone help identify this action?

l.jpg
r.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about the bolt handle, might be the original. The bolt shroud is from a military '98. Lots of parts have been changed around on Mausers, just because they'll fit!

Yes M98 large ring mauser, Zanstanvsa, FN Belgum or some commerical (rem798) make. Bolt handle looks to be non forged as it's to long for that conversion and not shaped right for a commerical sweep. Bolt shroud is military and I would think it would have a commerical smooth shroud and side trigger safety. Easily handles 55000-65000psi max. From what is shown there is no safety, might want to look into that.

Just my observation, kinda like mausers.

I thought it was a Mauser, but was not 100% sure lol. The front of the action is round, the back of the action is crested ( ^ ). This rifle does not have a safety..., it is built around the 250 Donaldson Ace cartridge as a bench gun, single shot, double set trigger, no safety.

Me and my buddy picked up 4 rifles, all built on Mauser actions in wildcat chamberings. Probably going to sell the sporter configuration rifles. Those are chambered in .260 AAR and .284 Improved.

Thanks a lot guys!

It is a FN commercial large-ring Mauser. No safety, although the shroud is cut for one. It is a double set trigger, with a set-trigger weight of about 0.5-1oz. It is set up as a single-shot bench rifle.

Thanks for the help and all the info.

Bolt is an FN commercial bolt. The proof stamp at the top of the bolt handle proves that. Most commercial FN bolts were flat and knarled on the bottom side.

If the bolt matches the action, the action is also a FN, could be a JC higgins model 50 or something which is the sears version of a restamped FN.

Some of the earlier FN commercial actions came with the Military style bolt shroud. I have a couple that look just like it.

Good note of the safety, that would be something to get fixed.

Bolt is an FN commercial bolt. The proof stamp at the top of the bolt handle proves that. Most commercial FN bolts were flat and knarled on the bottom side.

If the bolt matches the action, the action is also a FN, could be a JC higgins model 50 or something which is the sears version of a restamped FN.

Some of the earlier FN commercial actions came with the Military style bolt shroud. I have a couple that look just like it.

Good note of the safety, that would be something to get fixed.

The action is also stamped FN, just above the recoil lug.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.