Action help

Switchback2

Guys I am looking for a Action for my next Build (6.5 Addiction), I am looking for a LA with 308 sized bolt face, side bolt release and a oversized Bolt knob,Set up for a DM.
I am been checking around and looked at Defiance, Big Horn, Stiller, Lone Peak and Kelbly's.

I did talk with Ryan Pierce about the Kelbly Atlas Tactical but he doesn't have a LA in stock as of now.
Can you maybe give me some more input on some of these and any others and where I may be able to find something in stock.

Thanks

I would personally go with the Kelbly. I would give them a call. I have a few of their actions and when I called to order they often had the receiver body on the shelf that really minimized the wait. The last action I got from them they quoted 6 weeks and I got a call in 3 weeks saying my action was ready to ship. They are a great company to deal with.

Also another action you didn't mention but should absolutely not be overlooked is the Borden actions. I would put borden in front of many of the choices you listed. Just my opinion.

If you are really pressed for time I would look at bugholes and brownells had Defiance actions in stock a few weeks ago. I don't know what they had but may be worth a look.

Good Luck
Nick

Also might take a look at Redhawk Rifles, they usually have a couple different brands on hand.

You might check this place out to see what they have in stock.
Southern Precision Rifles

The last Stiller long action I bought I wasn't impressed with. The bolt to action fit is really loose and tends to bind up. Also my gunsmith had to lap the lugs to get even contact. I mentioned this to someone at Stiller and they insisted the lugs are lapped in on every action. Huummm?

The atlas is the best deal going on a quality custom action. They are built right and one of the few I have not seen quality control issues with. Borden Actions are very nice and are the only ones that will be timed from the factory. Those are the 2 makes I have found to offer what I am looking for in a hunting action.

Thanks guys for all the ideas.. I think I am going with the Curtis Axiom on this build as I have heard good things on them.. Hope I like it

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.