ACI Scope Mount

Hello,

I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I would like to mount an ACI on my hunting rig, but don't want to change my rings and bases. I was thinking of using system that mounts directly on my scope. ACI Scope Tube Mount

My scope is a Zeiss Diavari FL 4x16 w/ a 30mm tube and my rifle caliber is a 30-378 wby that weighs w/ scope about 9.5 lbs.

Will this system damage my scope or effect my zero in any way with the recoil? Are there any disadvantages to this system? What are you guys thoughts on this?

Thanks so much in advance!

No, it shouldn't hurt anything, there are several different variations of tube mounted ACI's & I haven't heard any cons regarding the quality designs.
Do you have a ACD yet? If not, this might be a great way to go:

Levels | Flatline Ops

I happen to have one of these as shown in the pic. It's a nightforce for a picatinny base.

New in box never mounted. No room for it on the base as the set up require 4 sets of NF rings.

Retail appears to be $199.00 or so. Lemme know if you have interest.

Attachments

• ACI Picatinny Mount.jpg
    ACI Picatinny Mount.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 102
I would stay away from the Horus ACI/ACD!!! Liltank and I bought one for our rigs. The one I got would fall out of the mount when I would shoot from the recoil and I had it as tight as it would go and the ACI was not on it was like 3* off. Ours are mounted on the scope tubes also. Liltank originally had the one that mounted on the rail but was not able to get it to be level when he tightened it up, so he sent it back for the scope mount type. I have since gotten a different one. You can kind of see it in the picture below.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 99
The Horus is a great unit offering 2 in one and showing anlge in actual angle or in % of range. Its true they come lose in the big calibers I use a liberal amount of Locktite and solved the issue. I am using a rail mount as apposed to scope mount.

The Horus is a great unit offering 2 in one and showing anlge in actual angle or in % of range. Its true they come lose in the big calibers I use a liberal amount of Locktite and solved the issue. I am using a rail mount as apposed to scope mount.

I was stoked when I received my Horus unit w/rail adapter, mounted it on my 338 RUM.... & it came loose after ~6-10 rounds !! Holy bat Sh&$!!! That isn't supposed to happen.....lol So I put it back on w/ a little more tension on that iddy biddy screw (& I mean small). I think it went 15 or so before it came loose again.

So I then ordered the tube mount for it thinking it might be helpful.... well, the dang adjustment bottoms out before fully clamping onto the ACI unit, you can actually move it by hand!! Jeeze....(insert face palm) the unit is really nice but I've given up...

That tiny screw is a pain! I would call them there service has been good I am sure they will replace.

What I found with the one that I have, is that the wedge that tightens to hold the unit onto the mount bottoms out on the mount itself. So you think you have it tightened and then go to the range and it falls off when you shoot. I found this rather annoying and decided to get another one that is more reliable. I thought it was a nice product but it doesn't do me any good if it keeps falling off, bottom line is there are better ones out there you just have to pay for them.

Definitely give them a call, my screw came loose (until lock tight ed) but not bottoming out. Again, there service is great, replaced a lost cap for me free of charge!

I use this one. (sold on this site). It attaches to the Night Force bases, replaces the top ring. Others sold here attach to a picatiny rail if you have one, or to the scope tube itself. You may have to replace the rings if you don't have room for the other models.

These things are a must for mountain shooting IMHO.

aci-acd-mount-002.jpg

aci-acd-mount-001.jpg

I use this one. (sold on this site). It attaches to the Night Force bases, replaces the top ring. Others sold here attach to a picatiny rail if you have one, or to the scope tube itself. You may have to replace the rings if you don't have room for the other models.

These things are a must for mountain shooting IMHO.

aci-acd-mount-002.jpg

aci-acd-mount-001.jpg

That is what I use now instead of the Horus system. I like the fact that you can zero the ACI/ADI with your rifle level just like the bubble level. This setup is a priceless addition to any long range shooters equipment.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts