Ace Hardware Gun Screw Thread Gauge

Muddyboots

So at Ace looking for an odd screw and found they carry slotted gun screws pretty much all sizes. Also carry a gun screw thread gauge for the outrageous price if $2.60. Yep grabbed one just have on bench. So if you are at dire straights looking for a gun screw maybe they will have what you need to get by. No torx or allen heads just slotted but better than nothing!
A3D705E4-5EFC-4D22-B6AE-2E30034EEE63.jpeg

Thanks, Muddy.

Ace always seems to have the weird and unusual. This seems odd, especially given their generally small sized stores, but they always seem to have at least one of any obscure part that I need. Higher prices for sure, but they always seem to have the oddball part that I need.

Thanks for passing this along. I never thought about picking one of these up there, but I'll sure be looking in the future.

So at Ace looking for an odd screw and found they carry slotted gun screws pretty much all sizes. Also carry a gun screw thread gauge for the outrageous price if $2.60. Yep grabbed one just have on bench. So if you are at dire straights looking for a gun screw maybe they will have what you need to get by. No torx or allen heads just slotted but better than nothing!
View attachment 292286
WOW. Have you found a unicorn. Nothing like this appears anywhere on the Ace Hardware website. Does this product have an actual name? I see it's made in china but your image doesn't show a name. I am trying to source it to create a link/links for forum members to find it. Our local Ace hardware doesn't have it and the manager is a good friend and LRH member. Even he wants one. LOL

Last edited:
I fond the ACE store here in Lewiston had the screws and when I asked, the gentleman's face lite up as he took me to the section and helped me find the exact size I needed and wondered who had told me they carried gun screws. Next time I'm in town I'll have to stop in and ask if they have a screw thread gauge.