Accustock

muley

I am not really a fan of the accustock on my Savage LRH 6.5x284. Are there any suitable replacements? I am thinking about a laminate thumbhole.

I have been looking and doing a lot of research on replacing my accustock in 270 wsm. After much confusing I have learned that there is pretty much no replacement stock made for the accustock. Here are the reasons why, accustock has bottom bolt release, smooth barrel nut and the stupid accu wedge that is different from other savage stocks. I'm no gunsmith so I'm not sure if all those problems can be overcome with simple inletting, but I'm guessing not. The only option I have found is sending your rifle to manners and they will make a stock to fit it, but you will be without your rifle for six months. If there is another option I'm unaware of please let me know. I desperately want another stock for my rifle.

I have just ordered a manners Elite hunter and they have told me that they would need the berreled action at the half way point, witch is about 2 mounts from now. They are installing the alluminum pillars and beding the stock to fit perfectly. There are numerus other stocks to fit that rifle, you don't need the wedge savage did away with it anyways the only real differance is that the accustock version has a smaller recoil lug, and thow I haven't had any experiance with the other stocks I don't think there sould be any problem with them especially if you bed the rifle to the action.

My stock is one of the originals that peels. Also, a big chunk broke off the butt pad. I know I should just bug Savage for a replacement, but I would like something different all together.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.