Accurization ?????

Buano is correct, pick up the Acraglas gel kit (Brownells), the instructions are crazy easy to follow... i've also seen a few threads somewhere that overviewed the process.... I'll see if I can find them...

The only addition I would add to the Acraglass instructions is that you don't need much epoxy. If you add too much, you'll be able to see the bedding after reassembling the rifle. This is one project EVEN MY WIFE could do. Don't be afraid to tackle this one yourself.

Sir, do you have any recommended videos or threads related to the two above for a Rem 700 with synthetic stock?

Search Acraglas Rifle Bedding on youtube....

acraglas rifle bedding - YouTube

If you have a factory low-end synthetic stock from Remington, you may have some difficulty getting bedding material to stick to it. If you decide to bed it yourself, check with the manufacturer to be sure the bedding you are buying will stick to the material your stock is made of.

The cheep stock is going byby. Yes I have had a 700 go off by it self when you take the safty off! So what triggers do you like? I my self realy like 2 ***. with bolt lock

The cheep stock is going byby. Yes I have had a 700 go off by it self when you take the safty off! So what triggers do you like? I my self realy like 2 ***. with bolt lock
The one with the bolt lock is the one you don't want! If the safety is engaged, when you unload the rifle, it should not fire. Remington uses a "trigger block safety", it does not "block" the firing pin from falling. The other option is the Gentry Three Position Safety, like is on a Winchester. Forward is "fire", middle is "safety on, firing pin blocked, with bolt not locked from being cycled, back is "safety on, firing pin blocked, bolt locked will not cycle. Howa uses a three position trigger block safety, I don't know if anyone makes one for a Remington.

I've heard nothing but good re Timney & Jewell triggers. I am happy with the Timney I installed.

I've heard nothing but good re Timney & Jewell triggers. I am happy with the Timney I installed.

Then I'll be the first to tell you something good about Jewell triggers. I have them on both of my longrange rigs and they perform flawlessly. They say the 'problem' with jewells is that they do not perform well if they get dirty. This I find is not true as my 260 is a rifle I hunt with and use in tactical matches. The rifle has been dragged threw the dirt, mud, brush, gravel, snow....everthing and performs great.

I got 2 remmy rifles one is a 721 with bolt lock and a 308 with out. Let me say this. Both are hunten rifles. I hate the bolt comming opened on the 308 it is going in for it! If you bring it to a competent gun smith and have it set up properly and maintenanced by him you should have on prob with a remmy triger. But yes there is a safty issue. What is rule #1 watch your muzzle

I seriously doubt you'll find a competent 'smith that will put a Remington trigger w/bolt lock on a rifle that wasn't designed with the cut in the bolt for the 'lock'. Remington re-designed the trigger so the rifle could be unloaded with the safety on! Question, why is the bolt coming open by its self? Does the rifle have other 'problems'? Rule #2; lots of people ignore rule #1!

Last edited:
I got 2 remmy rifles one is a 721 with bolt lock and a 308 with out. Let me say this. Both are hunten rifles. I hate the bolt comming opened on the 308 it is going in for it! If you bring it to a competent gun smith and have it set up properly and maintenanced by him you should have on prob with a remmy triger. But yes there is a safty issue. What is rule #1 watch your muzzle

You say, "If you bring it to a competent gun smith and have it set up properly and maintenanced by him you should have on prob with a remmy triger." The point is that Model 700 rifles that have been professionally maintained have also failed unexpectedly and without warning. This has been documented numerous times & Remington has to date found it more profitable to continue on than to address the issue. Yes, the percentage chance of a given rifle failing are small, but who wants a rifle that might go off without the trigger being pulled? Not I.

I have had Model 700 rifles in the past & still have one in the safe. Luckily, none of mine went off without the trigger being pulled, but I think it's foolish at best to rely on luck when we know a design has this issue.

Thankfully I can now afford to hunt with quality weapons. This means I will not cary a Model 700 with a stock trigger, PERIOD.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.