Accuracy Problems

elkanddeerchaser

Been having trouble with a "package" savage axis xp for about a year now with accuracy. First it was the mounts coming loose, then it was the scope moving on the rings, I fixed those by using loktite on the screws and double sided tape and sylicone for holding the scope. now accuracy is wandering. sometimes it's right on and after a few shots it takes off all over the place. I was shooting well without a bipod on but it would wander after 6 shots. Help

What kind of scope are you using?. You using handloads? You letting the barrel get hot and continue shooting? If your barrel is a pencil barrel my guess is your shooting a hot barrel and youre getting stringing.

I am using a 3-9x40, I buy store bought ammo, and I didn't notice a hot barrel. I shoot pretty fast, like 20 rounds in an hour. I use a bench rest and put 3 shots within 1/4" of bull then put on the bipod and found it was always going 10 inches left. wasn't sure if it was because of the bipod or the 3 shots before putting on the bipod that was throwing my shots

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts