Accuracy Nodes for 28 Nosler, Proof Carbon Sendero, 26"

kai

I'm anxiously awaiting a new custom rifle that should be completed soon and I'd like some load information.

My gun will have the ARC Nucleus action and a Proof Carbon Sendero 26" barrel chambered in 28 Nosler with a 1:8 twist, throated for ELD-M 180gn. bullets.

I'll also load Sledge Hammer 143gn bullets that are supposed to be insensitive to seating depth.
I will be using N570 powder.... (I got lucky and actually found some N570!)

Can any of you with similar barrels tell me where your accuracy nodes are and what bullets they are for?
I'm looking for high nodes as well as lower nodes.

With the 180 eldm you should be able to reach upper 3100s to lower 3250 range. Guys do it with retumbo so you should be able to with N570.

Powder charge I do not. I was at 80 grains with 195. You will be above that. But I would start at touching the lands and 80 grains and load up .5 grains tell you run into pressure.

I'm trying to get an idea of how far apart the accuracy nodes are for a 28 Nosler with a Proof Carbon Sendero 26" barrel.

Is anyone willing to share where their accuracy nodes are for a Proof Carbon Sendero, 26 inch barrel chambered in 28 Nosler?

I have a 28" Proof, but I shoot 195s with RL33. Send me a PM if you are interested in that data.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.