Accuracy loss

Greyfox

I couldn't understand why I had erratic accuracy while shooting my Cooper at the bench. Turned out the Triad Cheek rest straps on the bottom of my stock were interfering during recoil. When I opened the straps, off the rear rest, accuracy returned. They caused the groups to increase from .25MOA to .75-1.0MOA. I think the issue is that I was using a pretty firm, rabbit ear bag and the straps were shifting point of aim. Anyone else experience this?

Sound like real similar set up that I shoot w/my NORMA. Ihave riflie sucked into shoulder pocket firm and have not noticed this, I have Stock pack and leather rabitt ear bag also. I could see how this would happen with a looser hold and recoil resistance changing

I leave the center strap of my stock pack so it won't interfere with recoil, I shoot very loose with that rifle and did notice a slight change and I also have to watch and make sure the back of the grip does not hit my bag hand during recoil or it will change POI.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.