Accuracy International

Gerald89

Accuracy International have gone into receivership!
My AWP is no more !
No one happens to know of the where abouts of one in .243 win do they ?

I posted it on Snipershide. A few views have been expressed.

For barrels, .243, .308, .338 Border seems to have some on the shelf.

David.

Stunned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Jeza, what awful luck. Drop me an email regarding where you had your order. It's a long shot (!)but if it wasn't with the person I have in mind, I may be able to point you toward someone who might; just might, have some AI stock.

Meanwhile....I guess the value of my AWP just doubled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif never made money on a gun before!

ah well jezza

if you are desperate for the AI look, you can get a rpa quadlite action put in the ai chasis system, with a border barrel in the caliber and proflie of your choice and you'll be ready to roll.... it will be more accurate than the awp i'd bet and probably cheaper into the bargain. or just buy an interceptor or one of peter jackson's rpa based rifles......

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ooh, did i just say that?

i'll post you some pics of my rebarreld ai if you want something to dream about till you get one though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everyone for your replies,

Go on then derek send a picture! Have you got it all set up and shot it in yet? What is the finish on the new barrel?

Jeza,
I'm sorry you have lost your purchase and i'm equally appalled that the maker of the finest sniper rifle in the world can be allowed to go into recievership.

Like all the best parts of our once great arms industry, successive governments have either run it down, sold it on, or destroyed it, with the current lot more concerned with people on horses chasing a fox around the country a few times a year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Centre Punch.

Centre Punch, my sympathy goes to the vendors not the bean counters at AI.

Derek, seems like everyboby and his dog has or is getting an RPA. Problem is once you buy one it seems addictive and you need to go and buy another.

David.

Derek,

[ QUOTE ]
get a rpa quadlite action put in the ai chasis system, with a border barrel in the caliber and proflie of your choice and you'll be ready to roll.... it will be more accurate than the awp i'd bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Talk like that about AWPs should be a flogging offence! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...and from an AI owner too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Beast; 0.25MOA but as hard as nails; I won't let it know what you said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif:

oooh! that hurt.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif grrr

seems that most of the people in this thread are either AI owners or admirers, and reading down this thread reminds me of my email address book. de-ja-vu thing going on here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jezza, border barrels re-tubed my AI AE with a 30" fluted 1 in 8 twist tapering from 1.25" at the action to 1" at the muzzle. bead blasted finish and it looks wicked. i'll post some pics once i work out how to get decent images onto the net that aren't huge..... all credit to border barrels though, they did a great job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif the breaking in should finish tomorrow and i'll start ladder testing next weekend if all goes well....

ds is right in that the rpa thing is addictive. i am hopefull that i can get patches or chewing-gum to wean me off them.

and as for the beast..... looks kind of naked matt without a moderator on it..... i think you should be brave and allow someone to thread it for a jet-z. it is streets ahead of the reflex imho.

piccies as soon as possible folks, bet y'all can't wait!

Poor customer service, lacking business ethic, over priced products, blinkered thinking, no sense of urgency, eggs all in one basket, no concern or interest in civilian markets, failure to exploit business opertunities.
do i need to carry on? the writing was on the wall.
Pete

Derek,

Pics: As you can see, I use hunt101. To get the file size down I crop the photos significantly -take the photo from further away than you would normally choose, then 'zoom-in' by cropping. You lose image quality, but then that's why the file size reduces!

Yep, I must get a moderator. I think I'd only let Border cut the barrel which puts the hassle factor through the roof from down here -particularly if they insist on re-proofing. Can the Jet-z be cleaned internally? I remember that Jackson fellow trying to explain that the uncleanable mild steel on a reflex wasn't an issue because -after all- car exhausts were mild steel. Failed to point out that car exhausts don't fragment 2 feet from your face when they fail!

Pete,

Yep, in a business world, AI's arrogance was always rather odd.
Seen my post regarding my weird ideas on a plains game spec? (home email address over the w/e)

Australian army are going to be ****ed ! They awarded AI a contract for new 7.62 and 50 BMG sniper rifles not so long ago .

ok folks, i think i have cracked this picture thing.....
259353.jpg

259351.jpg

accuracy international AE re-tubed to 260rem by border barrels. nightforce 12-42x56 nxs milldot on the top.

and the rpa is thus
259356.jpg

259359.jpg

rpa interceptor in 308 - basically a quadlite action with a border barrels archer barrel (button rifled instead of cut-rifled). hand bedded into a robertson interceptor stock with a jet-z suppressor on the end. loopy 8.5-25X50 LRT milldot scope.

now i have the hang of this photo thing i'll post some groups when i have the load development done...

derek

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.