? accuracy and performance of Amax in LRH

I can only speak to accuracy. My buddies will put 3 rounds inside 2 3/4 inches at 750 yards. this is on a stock Savage action and stock with a shillen select match barrel..

We will have to see what it does when he builds his BAT actioned 300 winnies to shoot the same bullet.

As long as I shoot from a cold bore once, let cool, a second and let cool, and then a 3rd, I have been seeing very similar accuracy from the 308. Sub 3" in predictable or no wind at 700 yards.

M

Impressive indeed! Please let us know how the BAT rifle shoots.

I still would like to hear of anyone's experience with the Amax on large game such as elk. Thanks.

Paul

nothing short of amazing. Best bullet I have used in both my 7stw and my 6.5x284's. It opens up well at long range. Got a deer at close to 1600 via drop tables and what I dialed. I dont know if that was true yardage but even at that range he didnt make it 20yrds before he went head over tea kettle.

I use 72 grains of 4831 sc, Win brass fully preped, 215 federal primers and of course 208 Amax, 2965 fps out of a 28 Rock Creek amu barrel . Accuracy is impresive to say the least. My best 5 shot group is 1.116''at 251 yards prone with a bipod, Im kind of stupid and dont know how to post pictures here but I could send it to your email.

nothing short of amazing. Best bullet I have used in both my 7stw and my 6.5x284's. It opens up well at long range. Got a deer at close to 1600 via drop tables and what I dialed. I dont know if that was true yardage but even at that range he didnt make it 20yrds before he went head over tea kettle.

On the 7mm STW what weight bullet and what weight powder ? What twist 1-9. Thanks Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.