Accupower 2.5-10x56 or 4-16x50????

Morse Industries

Official LRH Sponsor
Anyone have either of these?
Glass quality? Does it track reliably and return to zero? Does it track w precision?
Not planning on dialing anything (because i know its not going to track and rtz perfect at this price) just using the MOA reticle to hold 400 to 800yards since its going on my short range rifle but of course shoot all rifles ELR, so it will be dialed the max and using all the reticle as well occasionally. Id rather have a FFP so I don't have to be stuck at 16x all the time or split it hope the ring is calibrated at 8x and double the reticle so the 10x and 56obj is very appealing plus its cheaper.

Im thinking since i can't see any of these in person, all things being equal id imagine the 10x will looks crisper than the 16x even when both on the same power and the 56obj to be brighter in all conditions.

other option is over spend and get the NF SVH 4-14x50 F1 moa but again, its a short range precision setup and I don't need a lot of mag, id rather spend the money towards another precision project gun or top range optic for the big boy elr setup.

Thoughts?

BTW, theres no reviews on either optic anywhere. I saw the two crappy youtube vids and the "part 1" review which isn't a review at all...

I haven't held one yet but am thinking about giving the 2.5-10x56 a try on a muzzle loader. The few trij products I have owned have all been quality and trouble free and they're glass is usually a step above what you'd expect for the price. Couldn't comment on the turrets but I'm curious to find out. You don't really hear anything bad about them, that's gotta mean something.

Decided to pass on being a optic gin eau pig, went with the night force....

Stay tuned for the build. shooting for 5inches at 1k for under 2grand, just to show the right gear and right $ in the right places is better than an all out budget build.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.