Accumark and 7mm STW

Ankeny

I could have sworn I posted an inquiry about Weatherby rifles earlier. I must be going senile.

In a nutshell, I am still looking for a left handed bolt gun. I see a lot of Accumark rifles in 7mm STW on the Web. Any of you know anything about the rifle and/or the caliber? I did a search and came up empty.

CDNN has a bunch of lefty accumarks on clearance since Weatherby discontinued them. Whether or not they still have 7 STW, I'm not sure anymore. I did recommend one in 7 WBY MAg to a friend, and it shoots nice! I was so impressed with it, I just ordered one in 338/378 WBY MAG with brake(not from CDNN). The accumark is Weatherby's high end rifle that comes with the Kreiger criterion barrel. Until I receive mine, I can't tell you much more.

Ronnie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Accumarks are excellent rifles, I've had one and my dad currently has one, both in .340wby. I sold mine because I wanted a lighter rifle. I'd take another accumark in a heartbeat.

I have a 7 STW and I love it, lots of knock down, I hit a black bear at 300 yrds just after a rain, when I hit it water sprayed off him like a sprinkler. I shot a moose at 150 yds and it went down in its tracks. Recoil is not bad but you need a 26 inch barrel min.

i

The 7mm STW is a wildcat based off the 8mm Rem Mag case and was brought to commercial production by Remington and later dropped do to the introduction of the 7mm RUM. It is a very accurate round that is very close balisticly to the 7mm RUM. I owned and reloaded one for a couple years it was nice to shoot with mild recoil. I would suggest reloading for it if you don't reload now because it will become hard to find factory ammo for it soon I think. Hope that helps and you can't go wrong with this caliber in a AccuMark they very good rifles!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts