AccuLab Electronic scales...

dean253

Hey fellas, I wanting some opinions on the AccuLab or Denver insturments electronic scales that measures to the .01 grain. I know that a lot of people think that this precise of a unit is not needed, I may agree after I try it but I feel like I have to try it. I will only use his unit to load long range f-class ammo. I think this will help narrow any elevation issues which is what I am looking for. You have to consider in f-class we are shooting a 1/2 minute x ring. It does not take much variance to be outside of 5" at 1000 yds. Thanks for your input, Dean-o

Dean253, I have been using one for over a year now with no complaints. When you get the unit call support and they will walk you through the set up for reloading. The unit is very sensitive to air movement and use a voltage regulated surge protector. I am currently using an old rcbs electronic dispensor and finetuning on the acculab. Depending on the powder my loads are within .04 grains and it does help with the sd and es. It is not the fastest way to dispence powder but I do about a load a minute. Dave

dean253
Some story as Budman,
I have the acculab123 "I think" Remember .001 is probably GRAMS not grains!!
so the best you'll get is more like .02 grains! anyway thats the one I have!

I use mine to check loads throw from the 1200 DPS and it throws a pretty good charge, every once in a while I catch a bad throw. Its nice to be able to "check" your other scales and verify everything is the same, lets you move on to other things and not wonder if its the scale!!

My DPS 1200 is .1 grains
My acculab123 is .001 grams or .015432 grains

1 Gram = 15.432 Grains .01 X 15.432 = .15432
.001 X 15.432 = .015432

CAM

Last edited:
The Acculab VIC123 (and its sibling MX123 from Denver Instruments) weighs to 0.001 gram. This converts to 0.0154 grain, but the scale only reads out to 0.02 grain. I spent *many* hours weighing out powder charges (600 of them) prior to the SOA/FCNC matches on this scale... I went for 46.50 +/- 0.02gr as my 'window'. Close enough for the girls I go out with ;) and I'm pretty sure it wasn't that last little +/- that held me back

It was nice having a load that I could reliably count on to have sub X-ring vertical when the winds played nice (which wasn't very often @ Raton). If there was any way to speed things up or get a similarly small ES/SD w/o having to spend that much time/trouble fussing around, I would jump on it in a heart beat.

Last edited:
milanuk
Thanks for posting that info!
I have not had my scale very long and only used it once to load 100 rds.
I droped the load with the 1200 DPS then moved the cup to the acculab 123 then just hand trickled to weight. adding the weight of the cup. and got them to .02 grains as milanuk stated. Slow but takes out the dought!

I thought I had the .001 scale but remembered it only whent two dec places!

So I guess I can afford the scale!!LOL
CAM

To dean 253 or any other Acculab or Satrtorius ay123 scale user.
I need help to change factory setting from weighing in grams to weighing in grains.
I have tried to figure it out using the manual and I cannot figure it out.
Thanks for your time.
Wayne from NC

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts