accubonds how much jump?

sodwyer

I am loading the 200 accubond with reloader 22 in my 300 mag. I think that I am getting close to the most accurate powder load and soon will be ajusting my seatind depth. Wondering if eneyone has any advice on the distance I shoud be from the lands. My test load were 0.015 off. I am not shure if the magic number is totaly dependent on the rifle or if the accubond has a sweet spot that is somewhat generic. I would love to here some results people are getting with this bullet spicificly seating depth

I have shot accubonds in several different calibers including 300 winmag and 7mm remmag and mine have always shot best with a 15-20 thou jump.

.015 on 2 out of 3, 270 wsm's the other is .009 I think. Id guess ten to twenty thou. Mine sure like fifteen

Last edited:
I am shooting the 130 AB in my 264 Win mag 10 thousands off the lands. By the way I think it is a super bullet for WT deer. Killed five and all have been DRT. Recovered one bullet from one almost facing me at 111 yards. Bullet entered edge of left shoulder smashed it made soup of vitals and was found in the right ham. Bullet weight was 87 grs and text book mushroom. Bullet left muzzle at average 3350 fps so impact had to still be around 3200. I would classify that a great bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.