Accubond/Matchking Question

winmagman

Has anyone tried shooting a 200gr MK and a 200gr AB over the same powder charge? I'm wondering if given their identical SD and similar BC they would have similar trajectories? It would be nice if a guy could get both to shoot in his rifle and only need one drop chart.

Thanks in advance. Chris

Yes I tried it..... not quite interchangeable. When going from 200mk to the 200gr accubond I'd suggest backing off a bit. In my 30-378 Accumark, H1000 and Retumbo both had to be backed down 3 to 4 grains, H50BMG showed the least increase in pressure signs in using the Accubonds. With a 2 grain reduction to find optimum accuracy as compared to my 200MK load.

Bill

Hoyteman did the accubonds with the reduced charge have the same POI or muzzle velocity as the MK? I think I could live with dropping a couple of grains of powder if I could get away with one drop chart.

Thanks for the response.
Chris

Hi Chris,
The overloaded/same load test rounds were high and the reduced loads were the same POI at 400. I haven't ran them across the chrono yet. The accubonds actually shot better in my gun with the limited tests that I did. The 200gr MK do very well for me at 300yd but at 4,5 and 600 string progressively worse horizontally as compared to the 220MK. I'm hoping the accubonds prove to be a happy medium between very thin wide groups of the 200MK and the fair groups of the 220MK. I have to get around and get the accumark bedded over into its new stock and then will be doing a bit more testing. From what I have found they are definately worth a try. I am going for the absolute best combination for accuracy and if I don't tell those little white tipped jewels that they aren't match bullets, maybe they'll never know.
Good Luck,
Bill

while i havent compared the two like you wanted, i've done grouping with both at 100, and the accubonds shot just as well as the MK's. although i'm running 220MK's right now, i wanted to try the AB's since they were a better 'publically viewed hunting bullet' to see how they did. ended up being rather well, but $19 for a box of 50 versus $25 for a box of 100MK's means i'll still run the MK's until the price drops a bit. initial response though, they appear to be a very nice bullet. if you want to stick to a 200gr head, you might not need the MK's at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.