Accubond LR bullets

What's the experiences with the accubond LR bullets on elk? I'm shooting a 7mag. Can't find the 160 accubonds I want to use.
I use the 150 ABLR and they work beautifully in my 7 mag.@ 3330 fps. She drops them like a rock!! I think it's a fairy tale of a bullet hitting way harder than the bigger, slower, drop more, bullets you could use! Look at the math it doesn't lie 🤥

I've only ever seen one failure with an ABLR. That was a 150 in a 7mm-08. We were hunting javelina down in AZ, my dad was using a rifle I gave my mom with a load that I worked up. The javelina were about 220 yards away. I told my dad to hold dead on and he whiffs over the top because he insisted on holding for some drop, not listening to the person that sighted in and worked on the rifle. In all seriousness I haven't used the ABLR for hunting. The only load I worked up that worked well was for that 7mm-08. Now with the prices where they are I'm reluctant to buy anything Nosler.
Nosler hasn't made a bullet in 2 years 🤕

It sure seems that way. I have seen some on shelves (not many though) and recently purchased some .277 BTs and ABs for my sister-in-law's rifle (because that's what the rifle likes, I guess). I did get a notification that some 140gr .284 BTs were in stock yesterday. I'll be hard pressed to buy 100 ABLRs for over $100 like they want for them though. Not when they used to be $50 and there are other bullets like the ELD-X/M and Bergers that haven't increased in price like that. They're still in the $50-$75 range or even less. Needless to say, my shelf used have primarily Nosler bullets on it, now it's mostly Hornady and Berger.

You experienced bullet blow up? If you have I understand why you have not continued to use them. Hornady SX is designed to blow up and have huge expansion. People love Berger and think they are the best hunting bullet made and they blow up like crazy. If I saw them blow up (fail) then I would not use them otherwise stuff them use them and make your decision off from known results you could witness.
Use 150gr AccuBond LR in a 280AI a touch over 3,000 fps on deer and pigs without any apparent issues. All under 300 metres

I am a long time Partition fan, and have shot well over 100 head of game with them.
Lately, I have been hunting with Scirocco II's, Accubonds, and A-Frames. All have
performed very well.
AS for the LRAB, only shot two animals with them. One was an Elk at 380 yards, with
my 6.5x55AI. DRT & the 142 LRAB. Recovered the bullet on the far side, about 45% left.
Internal damage was extensive.
The other was a Bull Moose at 120 yards with my 308 Norma Magnum & the 210 LRAB.
After the shot, the moose walked about 25 yards and collapsed. No recovered bullet, it
exited, but lung/heart damage was impressive.
I believe they are a bit fragile, up close, but work well as the range increases. After all,
they were designed for the longer range. Dave.

It sure seems that way. I have seen some on shelves (not many though) and recently purchased some .277 BTs and ABs for my sister-in-law's rifle (because that's what the rifle likes, I guess). I did get a notification that some 140gr .284 BTs were in stock yesterday. I'll be hard pressed to buy 100 ABLRs for over $100 like they want for them though. Not when they used to be $50 and there are other bullets like the ELD-X/M and Bergers that haven't increased in price like that. They're still in the $50-$75 range or even less. Needless to say, my shelf used have primarily Nosler bullets on it, now it's mostly Hornady and Berger.
Nosler are very expensive, I load my sons 270 with 140gr Partitions they're dear as poison

Nosler are very expensive, I load my sons 270 with 140gr Partitions they're dear as poison
They weren't always though. I remember paying $50 (or a little less) for 100 150gr .284 ABLRs, that was one of the things I liked about them. Yes, the Partitions and AccuBonds have always been more expensive bullets, I know that. I've bought 175gr ABLRs for around $60 too. They're now on the Nosler website for around almost $120. Now, I have a lot of 200gr 8mm Nosler bullets, both Partitions and AccuBonds that I paid close to $50 per 50 piece box for. Their prices have doubled, that order I made was 2018, everything on their site has doubled in the last 3 years.
Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 4.01.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 4.02.47 PM.png

Last edited:
I use the 210 ABLR in my 30 Nosler right at 2930 fps and they worked flawlessly for my pretty large 5x6 bull last year. It was at 62 yards so this 210 was moving out.
It exited the far ribcage about the size of a golf ball. It set the ebrake on impact and stood there about 8 seconds and started rolling down the hill.
The previous season I took a 3x4 at 160 yards. Exact same effect.
I'm thinking they worked pretty well for such close shots at that speed.
Just my experience with them.
My only concern is availability.
I've got 2 boxes left and can't seem to find the 30's in 210.

Sad news on Nosler availability. The Partitions were the best thing ever for a 243 Win. With the 308's & 30-06 we had trouble with some of the other brands shattering or deflecting upon hitting a bone. Never had an animal get away after a hit from a Partition. Not that we have ever "lost" an animal, but we had to do some serious hiking to track a couple of them down after they were hit by other brands.

Once my wife shot a small whitetail buck and w/o paying attention, shot through a willow bush. The bullet passed through a willow branch, flattened out, hit the deer behind it, went through the deer and out the other side. The entrance and exit holes were the same size. Deer's heart was pulverized to mush and he still ran about 200 yards. But he was dead and just didn't know it. That's a Partition in action.

Yeah Nosler is here in Oregon and I try to support them but they are losing money.
I've got 2 boxes of 210 308's, and 1 of the .284's left.
I've been stocking up on Hornady bullets because they seem to be the only ones available. And still reasonably priced.
I've bought nothing but Nosler for the last 30 years but I won't buy from them now.
There's no sense in working up a load that you can't find bullets for.
And if you do they're 100% higher priced than their competitors.
RIP Nosler.

Yeah Nosler is here in Oregon and I try to support them but they are losing money.
I've got 2 boxes of 210 308's, and 1 of the .284's left.
I've even stocking up on Hornady bullets because they seem to be the only ones available. And still reasonably priced.
I've bought nothing but Nosler for the last 30 years but I won't buy from them now.
There's no sense in working up a load that you can't find bullets for.
And if you do they're 100% higher price than their competitors.
RIP Nosler.
Same thing for me, maybe not 30 years, but as long as I've been shooting and reloading I always bought a lot of Nosler stuff. I have more than 500 bullets for my 325 WSM, both Partitions and AccuBonds so I won't change loads or start looking for something for that rifle anytime soon (good 8mm bullets are really hard to find). Everything else has been getting switched over to Berger or Hornady though. I see ELD-Xs available in almost every weight and caliber that I need so I don't mind. I've had good luck with them in my 6.5 Creedmoor and Grendel too. I'm low on 6mm bullets though and that's a Nosler BT, I'll be looking for something for that rifle too. I just can't see myself actually looking for or developing a Nosler load anymore. I believe availability and price is going to really hurt them in the future.

Last edited:

Recent Posts