Accubond Long Range questions - 7mm

North Idaho Hunter

Anyone with real world experience with these? Im intending on shooting 168 or 175.
From the little bit of reading i have done bryan litz claims that the BC's are over inflated.

How does that trickle down to shooters when it comes to trying to track down your correct "real world" BC for your drop charts?

It sounds like an absolute headache & lost money trying to punch #'s to find your real BC.

They ABLR really intrigue me, if they are anything like the accubond originals i would love to use them.

Any help from shooters using them would be greatly appreciated.

for what it's worth, I have tried the ABLR 168s in my 7 mm rem mag and I have not been satisfied with the groups. My rifle shoots the regular 160 grain AB very well with IMR 7828, but not the ABLR 168s. My barrel has a 1:9.5 twist rate, so I'm not sure if that's the issue, or if I should try a different powder. I have tried different seating depths from touching the lands to .10" jump with no groups that were impressive. I have read where some guys have had good accuracy with H-1000 powder with the ABLR 168s.

Good Luck

I have tried different seating depths from touching the lands to .10" jump with no groups that were impressive.
Good Luck

If you have any of those LRAB left, I would start at .070" off the lands and set the bullets deeper from that point. If you've ever worked up a Barnes X type bullet, these new LRAB have similar depth characteristics in getting them to fly straight.

If you start these new LRAB at the lands and work in short increments from there, you'll need a new barrel before you find the sweet spot.

Cowboy- interesting, and very good to know.

A guy should probably just use the berger method with these ABLR then.

Anyone have experience with the 168 or 175 real world BC's?

The 150's shoot like garbage in my STW, the 168's do OK. I was unimpressed enough to not even try the 175's...

Have not tried anything but the 150 LRAB in my 7rm but under 66grns of rl 25 and I have them jammed they shoot like a house on fire. I tried them 40 off first and the closer I shorten them the better the groups got, till it became one 30 caliber hole in 3 shot group

no I did not find them in reloading store till Feb. I look to try them on coyote soon and in Nov use them for whitetail

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.