Accubond failures?

Just shot, my second Elk, Yesterday with, my Tikka .270 WSM, 140 grain Bullet, this one was at, 90 to 100 yards ( a Chip shot for, this Rifle ) kneeling position, with Stix, looking over some, 2 to 3 foot tall sage brush, so ended up having to shoot, the high shoulder area, just in front of the Back straps.
The Berger 140 grain, Classic Hunter, going 3,185 FPS, knocked him down like, a Lightening Strike with, minimal loss of the shoulder Roast !
Found bullet stuck in the hide, on far side with, some lead in the core and a few Fragments that penetrated thru ( NOT, the "Mess" others have said ! ).
I like the Performance of the Berger's and am NOT going back to, the AB's,.. for the .270 WSM.
I'm getting, a New 6.5 Creedmoor ( YUP, another Tikka ) and WILL try the 142 ABLR'S in it tho, as Creed has much LESS Velocity than the WSM.
Match YOUR Bullet choice to, the Cartridge and Velocity produced,.. and to the Game you Hunt.

This is an old thread and some back then called them Accubombs. I don't pay attention to most gun writers but one that I think actually knows what he writes about is John Barsness. He states that the Accubond started out considerably softer and Nosler changed that. The same applies to the non-bonded Bal. Tip. I think some of those are on their third generation now. They are still expanders but tougher than they used to be, my own experience bears that out. My Accubond experience is only with the newer ones and they have done well!

I call BS on the Accubond being soft in the beginning of production.
I contacted Nosler when they were first announced and got several boxes from them in varying weights to try.
The bullets were, and still are, designed for different velocities and cartridges.
The 150g 30 cal Accubond is designed around 308 velocities, the 165g and 180g are designed around 30-06 velocities and the 180g will also handle 30 magnums. The 200g is designed for 300 Weatherby velocities and other 30 magnums.
The 7's run the same, the lighter the bullet the less velocity they are designed for.
People using the lightweight bullets in super magnums are pushing the limits of the bullet. This was a common thing early on, hence the so called bullet failures.
I use Accubonds in 25 cal, 26 cal, 27 cal, 28 cal, 30 cal, 33 cal and 37 cal. I have never had a bullet failure with them….have had some weird results from the 37 cal 260g Accubonds on water buff, bullets expanded funny going into hips, but still held together and mushroomed but the folded back section broke off.
I find their performance Stella in my eyes.

Cheers.

Call it what you like, many said it happened, as I said I did not use the first Accubonds and it doesn't really matter now as those bullets are long gone. Many in the past that seem to know a good deal said this, only stating why these old stories MAY have merit.
I am just glad they work so well now.

I frequently shoot .308 x 150's at 2900 fps into pigs at 100 yards. Almost all are DRT and the bullet is a pass through with atleast 3/4" exit hole. I've seen 2 run away. 1 was a 250 lb sow that I shot in the neck. She ran away was after she thrashed around digging a hole in the ground for a half-minute when I swung off of her trying to shoot another. 2 was a 350 ish lb sow that I shot broadside at 170 yards. It knocked her feet out from under her. Pretty sure I was a bit too close to the shoulder and got into the armor.

Since it was resurrected… if you read anything by ballistic studies he mentions accubond failures. Doesn't seem like he's very fond of them.