Accidental Torture Test...

Hello!!?? Obviously, It's a ricochet ladder test. You shoot at a hard object down range and the bullets bounce back through the target allowing you take the reciprocal of the group size and divide it by ES to determine seating depth. Load development 101. OMG, you people kill me...
That target looks awful close for load development o_O

That's the easy way to make sure your labradar is lined up on the target for a good reading--- zero at 0! :p

… … he backed over five M16A2 rifles...
One of those would have cost you or me about $1000 before May 19, 1986. I'd hazard the guess that Uncle Benevolence was paying maybe $400 each. I'll say that even today, Uncle is paying maybe $600 each.

A friend who lives in Wyoming his wife was leaning across the hood of his new Truck getting ready to shoot a speed goat when she shot gun was to low left a nice crease across the hood. I think we all have had an oh s- - - moment

One of those would have cost you or me about $1000 before May 19, 1986. I'd hazard the guess that Uncle Benevolence was paying maybe $400 each. I'll say that even today, Uncle is paying maybe $600 each.
Yeah but with the kick backs, probably closer to $1500 ea.

A friend who lives in Wyoming his wife was leaning across the hood of his new Truck getting ready to shoot a speed goat when she shot gun was to low left a nice crease across the hood. I think we all have had an oh s- - - moment
I went to call at our local E.R. once for a gunshot victim report. I knew the guy well, he'd shot his wife accidentally. Apparently while cruising the ranch he saw a coyote and jumped out of the little pickup and rested it on the roof. First shot ripped through the roof and the tore up round lodged in his wife's earlobe. If he would have been using fmj I'm convinced he would've killed her. He was practically out of his mind and had to be sedated. The wife was amazingly good natured about it. She told me with a smile..."I bet I get that big diamond I've always wanted".

I went to call at our local E.R. once for a gunshot victim report. I knew the guy well, he'd shot his wife accidentally. Apparently while cruising the ranch he saw a coyote and jumped out of the little pickup and rested it on the roof. First shot ripped through the roof and the tore up round lodged in his wife's earlobe. If he would have been using fmj I'm convinced he would've killed her. He was practically out of his mind and had to be sedated. The wife was amazingly good natured about it. She told me with a smile..."I bet I get that big diamond I've always wanted".
I have a friend that used to brag about how deadly his 300 Weatherby is. He proved it by It going off and going through the floor board, bell housing and the back of the block on the engine in his p/u. Also his hearing is not quite as good as it was.

Hello!!?? Obviously, It's a ricochet ladder test. You shoot at a hard object down range and the bullets bounce back through the target allowing you take the reciprocal of the group size and divide it by ES to determine seating depth. Load development 101. OMG, you people kill me...
Thats a good way to adjust your neck tension too :confused:

Thought you all might find this amusing...

Out doing some load workup for my B-in-law's Marlin X7 243 yesterday. Was a slimy, greasy, slushy mess in the field I shoot in. Drove out to set my target, and on the way back I went mindlessly cruising by my shooting nest...

View attachment 170713

View attachment 170712

Doh! :eek:

Fortunately, I hadn't started shooting yet. I normally leave the bolt open for cooling while I go downrange to check my targets, and I certainly wouldn't have put the scope caps back on...

Got her cleaned off and proceeded to shoot without incident. Now I have to pull the action to clean up everything though...

Torture? This was torture for YOU, not the gun--cold, wet gloves, wet mat to lay on. You, my friend, are a truly good BIL.

A few years ago, in a city about 30mins south of me, a gangbanger shot and killed his girlfriend during a drive by. He was driving and stuck his hand out the window to shoot at a house on the right. The brainiac shot through the roof and hit the girlfriend in the head !

A buddy in high school borrowed his brother's 64 Chevy convertible (4 years old) we drove out to the gravel pit to sight in his brand new Rem 600 30-06. He set up a target about 50 yards leaned across the right fender.....boom....muzzle blast spidered the whole windshield!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.