Absolutely Insane School Rule

You know what might be an idea?? tell the guy to send his "terrorist" son to the school library, and see if they have any books in their institution that have the word "gun" in it, and ask the principal if they should fire the librarian.

[ 11-22-2003: Message edited by: sscoyote ]

When I was in school they actually taught a pretty informative gun safety class at some point in the year with our health and PE class. Now that my kids are in school I find out that this is no longer taught, I couldn't believe it. My children are wise to firearms and respect them as well as love shooting. My oldest ( 11 yrs. ) has actually made me proud by shooting 9 inch groups at formal 1000yd. competition. I don't worry about mine but others who have no knowledge of firearms cannot possibly have any respect for them, I guess the school systems think ignorance is the best policy ?

My son, who is 7, continualy writes papers about hunting/reloading/shooting with me. The teacher gives him good grades on them too! I read, and save them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.