Absolutely Insane School Rule

hifidelity

Bigsky, the principal at this school stated that the saying the word gun will get you suspended. It came right out of his mouth in front of my friend I work with when he went to the school and sat down in the office with the principal. I thought it was different like you, but it is not. The principal said anyone who mentions the word will be suspended. That is what I am saying is absurd.

Sue them for violating your sons constitutional right of free speach.Name the priciple and the entire school board in the suit and see how fast they make ammends.

Mac

unfortunatly this does not suprise me. A yougn girl like 8 years old was expelled for having a weapon on campus,

The weapon was a tweety bird key chain with a 6 inch chain.

a 8 year old boy up north was suspended for drawing a picture of a marine killing a taliban soldier. His dad and uncle are in a'stan right now.

[ 11-03-2003: Message edited by: J Schulze ]

i am currently a senior in high school. 6 years ago we had a shooting at the junior prom. (Formal dance for middle school) since then our school district has enforced many harsh rules about firearms. i personally have been called down the office on numerous occasions for my dress. my dress included a firearms related shirts. i am a straight kid, no thug. for example access to varminthunters.com has been terminated due to Weapon related material. this website is the only one what i can access. hell i cant even get to remington or hornady's website via the schools Internet. i bet if i was the starting quarter back for our division champion football team i wouldnt have these problems. but yet again what do i know.

JordanM,

Yea, and if you were as queer as a three dollar bill and planning a campus march, or a Hindu displaying the seven symbols of sheva on your tunic, you wouldn't be called up front. Sad, ain't it....

db

Symantic (Norton) Internet Security 2004 firewall software blocks sites out like NRA including their Institute for Legislative Action, while permitting the Brady bill site & other anti gun sites through! THIS SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED IN LIBRARIES to protect our children...
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/11/02/1729239.shtml?tid=103&tid=153&tid=99

I won't be recommending anything from this company, Grisoft.com's AVG free antivirus software is my recommendation!

A co-worker just informed me that his son was EXPELLED rom school this morning for asking a school mate what kind of gun he hunts with. Expelled for three days that could of been 10 days. What in the hell is this world coming to? Brainwashing children that guns are inherently bad is the wrong thing to do. This just ****es me off way past the boiling point. I urged him to take this battle as high as he could.

Well the principle might have said that but it violates freedom of speech and your bud has a law suit he can easily win and a principle that needs an *** kicking.

You will be assimulated and brainwashed, failure to comply will result with the beginnings of a criminal history which will rapidly escalate against the polite do everything as told don't have a brain or common sense society in which case the "ideal" society to let them do what they want when they want to.

Schools and ******* will try everything that they can to see what they can get away with. After they find their boundaries in what people would ok, they gradually probe at them until they get what they want or try to change it for the following year.

BTW: I can't access this forum from work, DOD. I think I am going to contact Comm to see if they can unblock this site, just this one and not any of my other forums... weird

hifidelity, BigSky is right about the lawsuit. I'd do it in your friends shoes in a New York second. This one could almost be handled without a shyster.

Just for giggles, tell him to contact the ACLU to find out if they want another 1st Amendment case.
grin.gif

My son (10 year old) is always getting gun or shooting related books at the school library and the city library. Since I am a gunsmith it is kinda in his blood. He has done gun book reports and related presentations. I am kinda surprised noone says anything but they don't. Thank god for texas! I dare anyone to try to say anything here. My kid is a good one with a very good respect for firearms, especialy after I got shot in the army. He knows exactly what they can do and hunts with me all the time. He has gotten deer and other game and knows what dead is. I wish the rest of the kids that started all this mess around the countr had half a clue about it. When are the paople of this country gonna understand what we need is more education about guns, not hiding the fact that they are allowed in our society. That is asking for ignorant kids to commit a crime when in actuality they may not even know they done wrong.
I guess the days when I was a kid of some of the kids freely walking into the principals office in the morning to drop off their squirrel rifle or shotgun that they would hopefully kill dinner with on the way home with are long gone. I knew a lot of kids that would be put away for life if they did that now. Admittadly that was a small backwoods elem school back in the 70's in Arkansas but man what has this world come to that we automaticly treat our kids as common criminals in school just for mentioning the word gun. I wonder if any of these so called teaching professionals have a clue where this country would be today if it weren't for guns?

As a child I came up in the 22 to school group but I realizze this is a different world our kids live in. But I had no idea just how twisted it was. Last year my wife was summoned to the local elem. school where our son was attending the second grade.She was told he had brought a gun to school and she should come in now. My son is no stranger to guns and has burnt more powder than most men with 3 deer and hoards of squirrel and rabbits to his credit so I couldn't believe he could think of doing such a thing.This could be a toy cap buster he is fond of possibly but not a gun. When she arrived he was visibly shaken and in the principles office. the principle opened his desk and came out with a m-16.Not just any m-16 but a full auto one that I had witnessed my boy's GI Joe take out hoards of afgan's with just the night before. he was sent home for breaking a no weapons policy with a 1&1/2 in. plastic gun.IT'S A DIFFERENT WORLD

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.