Absolutely hammah time

5.56×250

Just ordered a box of 109gr absolute hammers for my 6.5 grendel . Gonna try H322 powder , nosler brass, and cci 450 primers .
Im looking for any input on loads for the AH 109s . I know they arent a conventional designed bullet and act differently than most coppers . My hope is to just get an idea of how they perform from a pressure /load density stand point compared to a more conventional bullet of the same weight . The H322 is a fairly quick burning powder for the grendel , but with the short bearing surface of the AH , i wouldnt think pressure would spike as easily as the average monolithic .
Give me some wisdom , fellas !

I chickened out on the 109 AH. Emailed Steve and asked for a change to the 99 HH for my grendel. He of course happily granted my request .In the spring, im gonna get with Steve again on the 109 AH , but for my creedmoor .

I would be very interested in hearing your results. A Rem 260 & a 264 mag I have ( 1/8 twist ) shoot the 121gr Hammer Hunter into sub 1/2" groups , consistently. I then purchased some Absolutes in 6.5 123 gr. I for sure got 100 + fps velocity gain but was unable to get hunt-able accuracy. Tried seating from very deep t

I would be very interested in hearing your results. A Rem 260 & a 264 mag I have ( 1/8 twist ) shoot the 121gr Hammer Hunter into sub 1/2" groups , consistently. I then purchased some Absolutes in 6.5 123 gr. I for sure got 100 + fps velocity gain but was unable to get hunt-able accuracy. Tried seating from very deep t
I saw where Steve recommended a powder change if the current powder didnt give acceptable accuracy . I dont know if you tried that ; just throwing it out there .

I used xbr 8208.
Used my magneto speed and ended up just north of 2700.
2726fps to be exact. No pressure at all. Star line brass cci450.
I was afraid you would say xbr8208 , lol. Seems like the go to powder for the grendel, but i cant find any . I got a couple pounds of h322 coming . If that powder bombs , about the only other powder i can find is vit n530 . Unless you live north of the canadian boarder , powder and primer is getting dang near impossible to find !

I tried four different powders & every seating depth. Nothing worked for me. I got an honest 100fps gain in velocity, without the accuracy. As I stated very frustrating considering the fantastic accuracy I got with the Hammers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.