Absolute Hammers in a 7-08

I'm using the 131 Hammer Hunters in wife's 7-08 with Varget and Winchester brass and slightly compressed loads to get 3150 fps. Petersen brass has less case capacity so I'm going to Ackley Improve the chamber to get 3 grains of powder capacity I hope to keep that velocity. 1/2 MOA accuracy in a Tikka.

Have you thought about the 140 absolutes? I'm thinking you could get the same velocity without a Ackley improving.

I'm using the 131 Hammer Hunters in wife's 7-08 with Varget and Winchester brass and slightly compressed loads to get 3150 fps. Petersen brass has less case capacity so I'm going to Ackley Improve the chamber to get 3 grains of powder capacity I hope to keep that velocity. 1/2 MOA accuracy in a Tikka.
I'm a huge fan of Petersen brass, but if your 7-08 is producing those results with that formula, it would be hard for me to switch any component. But then again, we are always tweaking what we love. After hunting season, I'm planning to develop a load in my 7-08 with 131 HH's. That's impressive speed with a 22" barrel. Thanks

I haven't loaded my hammers yet.

I did not buy Absolute Hammer though.

While the velocity is impressive. I have read a lot of shooters find getting the right load tedious.

I like my 7-08, so If you get good results left is know. .

I believe Hammer also recommends the 120 Hammer Hunters for 7mm-08. The 131 would likely work just fine.

"120g Hammer Hunter is a great weight for the 7-08 Remington giving excellent vel for fast and flat trajectory big game performance."

EDIT: I just noticed you were talking specifically asking about Absolute Hammers.

Bumping this thread instead of starting another, identical thread.
I am building a 7-08AI with a 22" barrel and ADG brass to fireform. OP, did you ever load any AHs?

I'm shooting 140 absolutes in my 7-08ai. 24" proof 8 twist barrel. Accuracy is .4-.5 minutes at 3005fps over the top of IMR 4166 in nosler brass and fed 210m.
Bumping this thread instead of starting another, identical thread.
I am building a 7-08AI with a 22" barrel and ADG brass to fireform. OP, did you ever load any AHs?