Absolute Hammer load data

You need to read the "Introducing the Absolute Hammer " thread in its entirety. Absolutes are a very different breed of bullet.
Forget Retumbo and Varget.
You need to be in the H 100V to RL 23 range in all likelihood.
I really would like to try h100 I just don't know when it will be available. The only powder that I have is Varget and Retumbo. I guess I can wait and see what becomes available.

Your right, I skipped the Varget
Getting into the game with the Hammer bullets. I just took delivery of the .264 Absolute Hammers 109gr. I'd like to develop a load in a 6.5 CM Tactical rifle with a 16.5" barrel that I'll shoot suppressed. Has anyone worked with this combo and is there any data or suggestions for use of the CM with 109 AH in a short barrel? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

28 Nosler with 26" 1-8 twist barrel.

169gr Hammer Hunter
Twice fired ADG Brass
83gr. N570
Fed. 215M
3.650 COAL
3270 FPS

BC verified by drop at .22 G7 out of my rifle. Only killed two coyotes with them so far. One at 360 and one at 500 yards. Both DRT with good sized exits. So getting good expansion even on 5-6" of flesh.

Virgin brass is only giving me 3200 with the same exact load.

1/2 MOA groups

@Huntnful,
Thanks for the data. So far all we are saving is data for the Absolute Hammers. There is no published data to cover the Absolutes. Members are experimenting and developing loads much like one would for a wildcat cartridge for the Absolutes. They then share their info with other shooters.

Since regular Hammer Hunters follow more traditional loading data, developing new loads is not as problematic.

Thanks for the data. I'm sure someone will put it to good use!
George

@Huntnful,
Thanks for the data. So far all we are saving is data for the Absolute Hammers. There is no published data to cover the Absolutes. Members are experimenting and developing loads much like one would for a wildcat cartridge for the Absolutes. They then share their info with other shooters.

Since regular Hammer Hunters follow more traditional loading data, developing new loads is not as problematic.

Thanks for the data. I'm sure someone will put it to good use!
George
Oh gotcha! Thank you for the clarification!!

Recent Posts