Absolute Hammer load data

My Brother from down under "Farleg" has just gotten his shipment of 30 cal 151 AH's and he went to work immediately,( Thinking outside of the box) here is his load data, this is pushing hard and he has done no temp test's yet so work up with caution, Nothing will carry that home

Fordy.jpeg

Still looking for someone to try the 178 in a 300wsm, guess I'll just have to order some and let my smith play around with to see what we can achieve. Any guess on what the speed would be ?
I have some coming. I am getting 2990 on a Federal 175 g Ascent. 62.8 g RL16. Steve @ Hammer, suggested I start at 63g and work up from there. I may need to go to a faster powder, but I am pleased with the accuracy and stability of RL16, so I will see if I can get much more speed from the 178 with this powder.

My Brother from down under "Farleg" has just gotten his shipment of 30 cal 151 AH's and he went to work immediately,( Thinking outside of the box) here is his load data, this is pushing hard and he has done no temp test's yet so work up with caution, Nothing will carry that home

View attachment 229610

Update 151AH in 300 rum
temp test done & glad I did
the following occurred with the 96.6 gr very stiff bolt handle
primer cratering & very flat but case unusable due to primer pocket expansion
I don't do velocity on these as I just shoot them from the front door so I don't loose temp

proceeded with a 95.5 gr load that I left for a hr @50 degrees then fired this & no pressure @ all
Sighted in @300 ( groups are pretty good for this outfit 5 X3 inches as it's buggered like me 😜) velocity from 5 Averaged 3752 with a spread of 23 FPS
Overall it's time to go crack some heads on the weekend if the weathers kind to me

I have some coming. I am getting 2990 on a Federal 175 g Ascent. 62.8 g RL16. Steve @ Hammer, suggested I start at 63g and work up from there. I may need to go to a faster powder, but I am pleased with the accuracy and stability of RL16, so I will see if I can get much more speed from the 178 with this powder.
I'm almost going to guarantee that you'll need a powder faster than the 4350 burn rate. My money is on something in the Varget burn rate.
You'll probably get good accuracy and match the results you got with RL16 and the Federal bullet, but you won't see big gains in velocity. This is what Ive experienced so far with 2 different cartridges and the Absolute.