Absolute Hammer load data

I'm almost going to guarantee that you'll need a powder faster than the 4350 burn rate. My money is on something in the Varget burn rate.
You'll probably get good accuracy and match the results you got with RL16 and the Federal bullet, but you won't see big gains in velocity. This is what Ive experienced so far with 2 different cartridges and the Absolute.
I concur

I'm almost going to guarantee that you'll need a powder faster than the 4350 burn rate. My money is on something in the Varget burn rate.
You'll probably get good accuracy and match the results you got with RL16 and the Federal bullet, but you won't see big gains in velocity. This is what Ive experienced so far with 2 different cartridges and the Absolute.
I'm not familiar with Varget powder. Since I shoot in areas that can have vastly different temperatures, I need a powder that provides good temp stability.

Never heard of varget? Interesting.
Didn't say I never heard of it. Just have never had the occasion to try it. It appears to be temp stable and considerably faster than RL-16. The max on the RL-16 with the Fed bullet is 65 gr. When testing for accuracy I did a load at 65 gr, but the group was not acceptable and I only gained 40 fps. There was no excessive pressure signs with that load. So, I do have some room to work with. In any event I'll report the results.

Didn't say I never heard of it. Just have never had the occasion to try it. It appears to be temp stable and considerably faster than RL-16. The max on the RL-16 with the Fed bullet is 65 gr. When testing for accuracy I did a load at 65 gr, but the group was not acceptable and I only gained 40 fps. There was no excessive pressure signs with that load. So, I do have some room to work with. In any event I'll report the results.
The Absolutes need a faster powder than what you normally run. You'll end up with about the same velocity with the Absolute as you do with the Hunter if you use the same powder. So, you need to look in the burn rate charge for a faster powder than you normally use.
You'll see my data in the spreadsheet with the 162 Absolute in my 30-06. My normal powder is IMR4350. It worked great l, but I ran out of case capacity before I found pressure. This means you need to use a faster powder. My final load was accurate and hit 2968 fps. So, I decided to try a much faster powder. I used Benchmark, which is what I use in my 6.5 Grendel. I was looking for 3100 fps. I got there, but also hit pressure at that velocity. I' dropped down to a safe load that is 3025 fps. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but still very fast for a 30-06.
So, look at something in the Varget burn rate. If you have 8208XBR or BL-C(2), you can try those instead of Varget.

Has anyone tried a 151 AH in a short barreled 308 win. I am currently shooting the 152 HH with 44.6 grains of IMR4320. Very accurate but I haven't chrono the load yet. Today I ordered the 151 AH for it. Should I be trying TAC for a faster powder than IMR4320. Varget I'm sure isn't fast enough so I'm checking the charts for a good starting point. I have a 20" barrel on my Rem 700 Police. Currently shooting 168 ELD-M Match ammo at 2644 fps. I have a hunch the Absolute Hammer bullets are going to make me shelf these rounds. Thanks.

Has anyone tried a 151 AH in a short barreled 308 win. I am currently shooting the 152 HH with 44.6 grains of IMR4320. Very accurate but I haven't chrono the load yet. Today I ordered the 151 AH for it. Should I be trying TAC for a faster powder than IMR4320. Varget I'm sure isn't fast enough so I'm checking the charts for a good starting point. I have a 20" barrel on my Rem 700 Police. Currently shooting 168 ELD-M Match ammo at 2644 fps. I have a hunch the Absolute Hammer bullets are going to make me shelf these rounds. Thanks.
I used Benchmark with the 162 Absolute in my 30-06. Sweet spot is 3025 fps for me. I wanted 3100 fps, and I got there, but it was too hot and gave me pressure signs.
So, to answer your question, YES you want a faster powder than IMR4320.